Do you need to have BES for bluetooth connectivity to work between an 8830 and ... General Blackberry forum

edjoperry09 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth, BES ... HELP!

Do you need to have BES for bluetooth connectivity to work between an 8830 and a computer? Because I don't have BES (I Have BIS). My computer and phone are bluetooth capable and I want to sync via bluetooth. Is this possible? Any advice?

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Bluetooth, BES ... HELP!

I don't think you have to be on a BES. Listed below are the requirements.

System Requirements
    To set up a Bluetooth connection, you must meet the following system requirements:
    • Your computer must be running the Bluetooth software that comes with Windows XP SP2 (see Task 2).
    • Your computer must be running BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 or later.
    • Your BlackBerry device must be running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later.
    • If you have an account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, it must be running BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0.3 or later, and the following IT policies must be set to FALSE:
      • Disable Desktop Connectivity
      • Disable Wireless Bypass
      Note: The two policies are located in the Bluetooth Policy Group. The default setting for these policies is TRUE.
    • If your computer does not support Bluetooth wireless technology, a supported Bluetooth adapter can be used (DLink is not supported). For a complete list of supported Bluetooth transceivers, go to the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base and search for article 841803.
    • On the BlackBerry device, the Bluetooth Options screen must display Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass in the Services list.
    • Your Bluetooth device must be paired with your computer.