Do you need to have BES for bluetooth connectivity to work between an 8830 and ... General Blackberry forum
Bluetooth, BES ... HELP!
Do you need to have BES for bluetooth connectivity to work between an 8830 and a computer? Because I don't have BES (I Have BIS). My computer and phone are bluetooth capable and I want to sync via bluetooth. Is this possible? Any advice?
Re: Bluetooth, BES ... HELP!
I don't think you have to be on a BES. Listed below are the requirements.
To set up a Bluetooth connection, you must meet the following system requirements:
- Your computer must be running the Bluetooth software that comes with Windows XP SP2 (see Task 2).
- Your computer must be running BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 or later.
- Your BlackBerry device must be running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later.
- If you have an account on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, it must be running BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0.3 or later, and the following IT policies must be set to FALSE:
Note: The two policies are located in the Bluetooth Policy Group. The default setting for these policies is TRUE.
- Disable Desktop Connectivity
- Disable Wireless Bypass
- If your computer does not support Bluetooth wireless technology, a supported Bluetooth adapter can be used (DLink is not supported). For a complete list of supported Bluetooth transceivers, go to the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base and search for article 841803.
- On the BlackBerry device, the Bluetooth Options screen must display Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass in the Services list.
- Your Bluetooth device must be paired with your computer.
Tags for this Thread