Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lak611

I've seen the posts of the past, but haven't found any recent ones. I am ... General Blackberry forum

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB

bluetooth and wireless affect on battery

Advertisement

I've seen the posts of the past, but haven't found any recent ones. I am wondering, with the lastest versions of bluetooth and wireless in Blackberries ( like the bold 8900 ),
    does it have a big affect on battery life to leave bluetooth and wireless on ?

For me, I only use bluetooth when in my car. But the rest of the time is the bluetooth constantly searching and causing battery drain ?
    Should I turn it off and then turn it on when I get in my car ?

Similar for the wifi. I only use it if I want to browse from home, or maybe a mall. Should I leave it off the rest of the time ?

Thanks,
    Floyd
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, if you're not using them, you should turn them off and will definitely help the battery life.

You can purchase apps to do this for you automatically. I had one that did both wifi and bluetooth, but the name escapes me. Give me a few and I'll see what I can find out for you.

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB
    Thanks. I don't need an app to turn them on and off, because I can do that right from the home screen with 2 touches. I just found out that I am able to pair automatically with my car's connection even if "discoverable' is turned off. That may save some battery, but I would still have to leave bluetooth on unless I want to bother with turning it on every time I get in the car.
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Hi Floyd,

I noticed that you said you weren't interested in an app. However, OffAlready will give the functionality that Roger mentioned. I'm not sure if that was the app he used or not.
    RogerG likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's the one, Laura, thanks.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I don't notice a difference in battery life with it on or off. Just me I guess.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    That's the one, Laura, thanks.
    You're welcome.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Junmil no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, the best thing is to turn it off while you are not using it... it takes much of the baterry life when turned on.
    Blackberry unlocking - to unlock Blackberry phones