Why can't I pair up with other devices. When I checked my connection manager I ... General Blackberry forum

nickna no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth!

Advertisement

Why can't I pair up with other devices. When I checked my connection manager I showed my symbol in yellow for the bluetooth. I read the help section on my phone but i tried everything it said.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi nickna, Bluetooth is made for head sets, You can connect them but it can be tricky, Is it asking for a pass code? this will be 0000 that is 4 zeros. also if trying to send files to another blackberry, you can have the recieving device, in the folder you want to reive to, hit menu and select recieve using bluetooth, then you send using bluetooth on the other device, usaly needs to be done pretty quick
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

nickna no está en línea Stack level 1
    i've tried that too. I was able to do it on my other phone with ease. I've seen other blackberry users transfer files. I've asked them and they can't figure out why my phone doesn't connect. I've done everything from being discoverable to the pass code

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Bluetooth is not just for headsets, far from it in fact - using bluetooth, you can wirelessly swap files between devices, synchronize information between devices, stream audio to other devices (such as headsets and speakers), plus LOTS more!

PARING THE DEVICES

With bluetooth devices, you will almost always have to "pair" two devices or in layman's terms, create a friendship between them - you will only have to do this once.

To pair the devices, you need to follow these instructions:
    1. Make sure that bluetooth is switched-on on both devices, and that both devices are "visible" or "shown to all".
    1a. If you are trying to pair a headset, speakers, a car-kit or other device that doesn't have a screen or menu, refer to the device's instructions on how to put it into "pairing mode" (usually it involves holding 1-2 buttons down for ten seconds or so).
    2. When you go into the dedicated bluetooth menu on your BlackBerry (Menu-->Set Up Bluetooth), it will automatically begin searching for nearby devices automatically...
    3. Select the "other" device from the list of found devices - it will usually be the model number or name of the "other" device.
    4. One of the devices will ask for a code first, and the person using this device must create a four-digit code - this can be whatever you want, as long as it's numbers.
    4a. If you are trying to pair a headset, speakers, a car-kit or other device that doesn't have a screen or menu, the "other" device will likely have a factory-set code, and you should enter this code when prompted instead - the factory-set code is usually "0000", "1234" or "000000", but if you're not sure, refer to the manual for the "other" device.
    5. The "other" device will then ask for a code, and you should enter the same code a second time.
    5a. If you are trying to pair your device with a headset, speakers, a car-kit or other device that doesn't have a screen or menu, refer to step "4a" instead.
    6. Once you've done this, you're more or less done; sometimes there's a few extra steps, but they're usually optional (eg. A custom name for the other device, etc...) and pretty obvious.

TRUSTING A DEVICE

If you plan to frequently use or swap files with a particular device, you may want to "trust" it, so that you don't get asked for permission everytime a file is sent to you or you use that device:
    1. AFTER pairing, find the "other" device, in your list of "paired devices: Menu-->Options-->Bluetooth
    2. Highlight the "other" device and press the menu key.
    3. Select "Device Properties".
    4. Specify that this device should be trusted: Trusted-->Yes.

RECEIVING FILES VIA BLUETOOTH

Once you have "paired" a friend's device with your own, this is how he/she can send you files:
    1. Make sure that bluetooth is switched-on, on both devices, and that both devices are "visible" or "shown to all".
    2. Activate the ability to receive incoming files on your BlackBerry: Menu-->Media-->Menu-->Explore-->Receiving Using Bluetooth.
    3. Have your friend send the file from his/her device.
    4. You will be asked to name the file, and where you want to save it - change these options if you wish, and then click save.
    5. The file will then be sent to your device - depending on the size of the file, this may take a while.

SENDING FILES VIA BLUETOOTH

Once you have "paired" a friend's device with your own, this is how you can send him/her files:
    1. Make sure that bluetooth is switched-on, on both devices, and that both devices are "visible" or "shown to all".
    2. Find the file you wish to send: Menu-->Media-->Menu-->Explorer
    3. Send the file via bluetooth: Menu-->Send Using Bluetooth

NOTES:
    * By default, ALL audio files are stored in /Media Card/BlackBerry/rightones (if you have a memory card) or /Device Memory/Home/User/ringtones on BlackBerry devices.
    * Some terms and/or instructions above may be slightly different to those for your device, however it is usually pretty obvious what you need to click... Have a look around and you'll probably work it out.
    * These instructions relate SPECIFICALLY to Research in Motion (RIM) BlackBerry devices, and the instructions for other devices may differ, significantly in some cases... Refer to your manual or manufacturer's Web site if you're not sure.

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~