Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm starting to hate trackballs and it's putting me off to getting an 8300 that ... General Blackberry forum

razer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d9f9b5

bloody hell

Advertisement

I'm starting to hate trackballs and it's putting me off to getting an 8300 that I've bein waiting to get for a long time. It just seems like a chore, not that I'm lazy but I find myself cleaning it like every other wk. With that bein said I never had problems with my 8700 trackwheel no cleaning no hasles plus I've grown quite fond of it. I hope RIM didn't completly abandon the wheel and hope to see it in future models

Sorry for my rant

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: bloody hell

Hmmm....I have never had a problem with my pearl Are you choosing to clean it, or are there problems with it on a weekly basis? Stop putting it in your pocket. Get a case for it if you dont have one already.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

i can't wait for RIM to come out with a optical sensor to eliminate the problems people seem to have with dirty balls, yes i did say dirty balls

PIN/ID
    23d9f9b5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there's dust all the time where I work so I guess I would have to stick it in a ziplock bag. Then what's the point?

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Yeah the track ball does get pretty dirty. I hate seening new BlackBerrys and their super white pearls ha! But on a serious note I've never had to clean the track ball on any of my BlackBerrys. Though they may not look as nice I've never had any trouble. I'd say little to no maintenance is good maintenance. ~via my fantastico BLACKBERRY 8830!! (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

Every now and then when I think about it, I shoot some compressed air into the track ball and keys to blow the dust out. Never had any problems.

PIN/ID
    23d9f9b5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've bein doing that but still have to take the thing apart. All I'm sayin is if you spend all that money on something you expect it to work. That's like sayin you have a jeep and can only use it off-road with no hills

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You have to remember that the pearl wasn't designed as the industrial strength workhorse the 8700 was. The Pearl was designed as a consumer device. If you are in an industrial situation that is causing that many problems with the trackball, you may want to think about going back into an 8700 instead.

Zo

PIN/ID

try a case with a flip cover. no reason to snap at me for you not thinking through a purchase.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    try a case with a flip cover. no reason to snap at me for you not thinking through a purchase.

Umm... Who snapped at you?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    23d9f9b5
    Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

I'm not snapin at you it's just a point I'm tryin to make and there was no way of knowing at the time of purchase how sensitive to everyday use it was goin to be. I got it the same wk it came out so your remark about thinking it through has no merit

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by razer
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there's dust all the time where I work so I guess I would have to stick it in a ziplock bag. Then what's the point?
    Kind of a snappy remark----like I said, when spending that much money, you have to consider the conditions in which you work. COmparing this phone to the 8700, its very obvious that there are more "openings" and tender parts....should have been taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by razer
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've bein doing that but still have to take the thing apart. All I'm sayin is if you spend all that money on something you expect it to work. That's like sayin you have a jeep and can only use it off-road with no hills
    That's also a bit flippant. Not our fault you didn't really consider your purchase.

The phone does work, and quite nicely---just not the way you want it to.
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 10-19-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Let's be nice folks.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

try getting a pouch for your 8300, there are several different kinds available. they protect your bb and don't add a lot of bulk to it. I can provide you with some links if you're interested.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I miss the trackwheel too... I jus like the clicking of the notches...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast