hello, i was wondering if there is a way to block certain people's text from ... General Blackberry forum

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

Blocking specific texts?

Advertisement

hello, i was wondering if there is a way to block certain people's text from coming into my 8700g on tmobile? im getting texts that are inappropiate from a certain person and i cant get them to stop. how can i block a text from a specific number? i have t mobile. is it through the phone, or thru my tmobile? thanks for any help.
    -joe

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Blocking specific texts?

I dont think TMO would be able to help you, never have I seen a carrier be able to block specific texts, but I could be wrong.

Im not sure if there are any apps that allow blocking texts, maybe BerryBlocker from handango.com...

If anyone else has any input please do so...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I don't know of any settings to block specific SMS senders. You might be able to get help from TMO but I bet all they can do is disable SMS entirely.

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok thanks

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Networks can block txt and calls from specific numbers. It has happened here in the UK for reasons of bullying school children. You will probably have to get the police involved because that is the only way the network will actually start the block.

I am quite sure tmob UK actually did this a few times already.

Bad thing is that person(s) harrasing you can just get another number and start the process again.

janiexoxo no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mocerino
    hello, i was wondering if there is a way to block certain people's text from coming into my 8700g on tmobile? im getting texts that are inappropiate from a certain person and i cant get them to stop. how can i block a text from a specific number? i have t mobile. is it through the phone, or thru my tmobile? thanks for any help.
    -joe
    And why can't some software writer come up with some 3rd party software that will automatically delete text messages before I am alerted to their arrival? I don't care much about the 10 cent COST - I really just want the piece of mind of not receiving any more text messages from a certain somebody. If the software could also generate a bounce-back message to the offending texter, all the better. I'd be willing to pay somebody to write this program. Seriously.