Is there anyway to block a specific person from calling you, so it automatically rejects ... General Blackberry forum

poopbutt1090 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there anyway to block a specific person from calling you, so it automatically rejects it?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: blocking

Not unless it is reported as a harrassing phone call to your carrier. However, what I have done is set an ignore contact in my phonebook, it is set to silent ring. So I dont know they called till I get vm, and then simply delete the vm without listening.

Basil49 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there any way to forward any calls from a 'private' or unknown number straight to voicemail? I have the 8700G and w/TMO

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Grandcentral will allow you guys to do everything listed above. Only catch is that it provides you a new phone number, which the other party must call. If they already have your cell-number then it'll still dial your cell directly and won't go thru GC. But, it'll work for future purposes.

There's a GC invite thread if you search for it.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask

Black & WhiteList, on sale through PS, $8.41.....WORKS GREAT! 1 week trial
    Thx a lot!
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator

If you really don't want to spend any money here's a pretty sweet way.

As icancn2u just assign the person you don't want to hear from a silent ringtone.

Then sign up for Youmail, a 3rd party voicemail service. Free as long as your carrier doesn't charge for call forwarding.

Within Youmail you can assign certain ditchmail messages. Basically messages saying the phone number is disconnected or the number you have dialed is no longer in service, etc. Works great. After they try a couple of times they usually quit if they keep getting the message that the number is no longer in service.

It's a round about way but you also can personalize messages for all your callers too. Free and a pretty cool service. Just make sure you have Call forwarding mins, or they're included in you plan then you should be good to go!

Attached 3 files...a silent ringtone, and examples of the ditchmail messages you can have from Youmail.