Just to let everyone know if your 5.0 messenger is working correctly that you can ... General Blackberry forum

stixx no está en línea Stack level 2

blkberry messenger 5.0 extra and barcode generator

Advertisement

Just to let everyone know if your 5.0 messenger is working correctly that you can use it to scan non-blackberry 2d barcodes, and it'll work often taking you to website depending on the information within the barcodes. Check out this site in which you can generate your own personal barcode http://zxing.appspot.com/generator/.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Good info, I don't quite understand it, but I'll have to tamper with it for a while

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice find Stixx!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use your mind... Creativity is free!!

Follow me on Twitter

2d barcode are common in Japan and are used for many things so I'd guess there programs have more features that what are enabled with the bb messenger 5.0, but gives you an idea of potential uses. I think the barcode system itself supports up to 4000 plus words and/or characters which is huge if one added on to a business card giving more than just the basic info with out taking up space

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    hey i love this...thanks...

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've seen a few 3rd party apps to do this, but nice find that it's built-in.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    AND ITS IN ENGLISH MUAHHAHAHA lol

the one I used a month or 2 ago to make my contact avatar was in another language but I got it to work,, and it work through bbm just like it did the scanner program that I installed way back then, as well
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Yeah it's built in but it is also remember that its limited. There's a 2d bar code reader in the bb appworld but the reviews haven't been so great. I guess if the bar code reading catches on the app will be improved also. Here's the product website still haven't tried it out but if anyone is will to try please gives us your thoughts http://www.scanlife.com/us/

romeo_55 no está en línea Stack level 1

hey

Ok guys help me out here. i consider myself fairly good with cell phones especially blackberry's. Not perfect there is always more to learn. I have a bb bold and just got the new bbm 5.0. I put the .cod files in the java folder and the .alx file in the main os folder and used app loader to do the rest. All seems well. I can send messages ans receive but have noticed some lag in the messaging. I resent the service books and it seems to have fixed that issue (i was having sms issues as well which led me to believe it was a service book issue) but im now hearing stuff about bar codes and readers???? I've seen this on tv but when I take a pic of the bar code generated by my wife's bb mine just gets a picture no fancy hyper links or anything. I'm assuming I'm missing some software. where can i get it. or if not someone pls give me a quick crash course in this new tech. thanx to all.
    Last edited by romeo_55; 07-22-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_55 View Post
    Ok guys help me out here. i consider myself fairly good with cell phones especially blackberry's. Not perfect there is always more to learn. I have a bb bold and just got the new bbm 5.0. I put the .cod files in the java folder and the .alx file in the main os folder and used app loader to do the rest. All seems well. I can send messages ans receive but have noticed some lag in the messaging. I resent the service books and it seems to have fixed that issue (i was having sms issues as well which led me to believe it was a service book issue) but im now hearing stuff about bar codes and readers???? I've seen this on tv but when I take a pic of the bar code generated by my wife's bb mine just gets a picture no fancy hyper links or anything. I'm assuming I'm missing some software. where can i get it. or if not someone pls give me a quick crash course in this new tech. thanx to all.
    In order to read another persons barcode you have to go to your blkberry messenger and go to add contact and not using the camera option. Hope that help if not ask away.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

watkinsmd no está en línea Stack level 1

My Contact INFO - scan away!

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Used both Okotag and Neoreader for this task,... Neoreader won out.
    "Who Dares Wins"

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    The problem with using it for contact info is that I haven't found a way to be able to save the information. Yeah it displays it, but you can't do anything with it.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It looks like you have to scan the barcode with another bb from bbmesenger 5.0. You cannot add a jpg already on your phone.

So as stixx states go into bbmessenger go to menu add contact scan barcode and then the camera on your phone is accessed as a scanner. It would be nice to have the option to read a barcode already on your phone that has been emaile to you.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102