I'm in a toss up right now. Have an 8700, but have a good deal ... General Blackberry forum

xSteveO no está en línea Stack level 2

blackjack or 8700 blackberry?

Advertisement

I'm in a toss up right now. Have an 8700, but have a good deal on a blackjack and considering it. your thoughts?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: blackjack or 8700 blackberry?

I think you should go with blackjack. NOT! Get a curve, blow away that Blackjack!

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I think you should go with blackjack. NOT! Get a curve, blow away that Blackjack!
    that's quite a price difference there. if that were the case I'd just get an 8525 and be done with it all

I'm looking at getting the blackjack for $150, it'd be next to impossible finding a curve near that price.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

To be honest the only reason I am saying this is because I will spend any amount of money on a BB due to the fact it has been the best phone I have ever owned. Im not sure about a BlackJack, but I have never seen another phone that the manufacturer allowed you to load your own software to the phone, fixing almost any problem I have ever seen. I work for a service center and we dont do exchanges on BlackBerry phones because reloading the OS has fixed the problem everytime. The lifeline of a BlackBerry is as long as you want it to be!

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

i would not buy a blackjack eventhough i've always wanted to try one i wont get one because windows lags and freezes and my blackberry pearl has always been good to me

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

this may or may not help but i have a pearl and my guy has a blackjack and he's not as happy with his as i am mine

I thought windows mobile was a good thing. don't get me wrong, I like my blackberry and everything it offers, but I would like to get a 3g phone. It almost seems like my mind is set, but I'm mixed. I'm hearing horror stories of battery life on the blackjack. mine on the blackberry is already kinda shitty. I can't imagine it being worse than this

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i had trouble with my battery and i charged the way i charged it (the ac plug drained right away so i tried thru the pc, much better) my guy has no trouble with the battery since it comes with 2 an extented and reg. however, he can not follow links like i can with my blackberry and is very upset over that

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Always go with your first instincts, if the BJ turns out to be a nightmare for you, than you learned your lesson and will probably end up with a BB...you'll never know till you try it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by the hippie
    however, he can not follow links like i can with my blackberry and is very upset over that
    This happened to me on 3 different sidekicks as they don't support full featured sites like the BB browser and opera mini. I came running back to the BB every time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i might go see if I can try it before I buy it, then male a conclusion. Seems a little for the bb here, but then again it is a bb forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by the hippie
    my guy has no trouble with the battery since it comes with 2
    Ha, wonder why?
    I work with some BlackJacks at work. Not as shaky as older wm phones, but it'll chew up a battery pretty quick.
    Last edited by DCookSta; 07-10-2007 at 09:32 AM.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

I am biased but BB for reliability. 3g sucks battery life. My pearl needs charging too much compared to my 8700.