First time I got 7290, then upgraded to 8700c a couple of months ago. Now ... General Blackberry forum

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackjack 2 vs Curve

Advertisement

First time I got 7290, then upgraded to 8700c a couple of months ago. Now 8700c started seem having problem with connection socket which kept lost in connect when I am on AIM or surfing the internet. ATT said that device is no good. So they told me that I am qualified to upgrade new Curve or Blackjack 2 for 99 dollars after rebate. I have about 6-7 months left on contract but they said contract wont extend other 2 years. I am not sure if thats true so I am asking you, because I hate any hidden fees that they dont tell me. So I have been thinking to go ahead and get new one. I am not sure which one should I get? I am heavy user on AIM and internet. It's for personal use and some for college like powerpoint, excel, etc. I am leaning toward Blackjack 2 since it got window mobile 6, and much faster with 3G or EDGE. I am sure Curve do same thing with speed connection except 3G, but I am little concerned about small keyboard. I read reviews on ATT website about both of devices. People's comments toward both devices are almost similiars pro and con. I would like to hear some of your opinions before I buy it. Thanks

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Re: Blackjack 2 vs Curve

Blackberry is obviously going to be the choise on the forums, simply as it offers push mail and pin messaging, I really find it useful at work, as we dont email, but rathe pin each other, see if anyone needs help, or simply see who is good to go for a coffee. It is realy great, and on top, data viz is expected to provide blackberry with editors for documents, exel word and powerpoint as well. So realistically, if the update does come out i would go for blackberry, as both offer similar things in the end, but blackberry will give you a few more improved options, such as pin and push mail. I have friends who use windows mobile, and as much as people hate it, none of them complain about it, as much as the rest here seem to make it out to be horrible. But yet again, ehy use it more on teh student level, rather then professional. SO this is totally up to you in the end to do the final search and collect all the data. As i have heard really good feedback on most of the windows devices in regards to the software that it offers. But still that is just what my research has lead me into, everyone is different and has different needs. And in regards to the small keyboard, this is something that takes a while to get used to, I would personally recommend to go ahead with the 88XX series as the keys are slightly better, people here think otherwise, but still i find it easier to do all the work on an 88XX series.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

windows mobile in general is just a horrrible operating system on a phone. and just about 100 percent of the people on this forum will agree. i personally have 2 curves. 8310, 8320. they are the best phone ive ever had and i reccomend it over anything else. not hating on wm. its just a fact
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

wm sucks!

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

like i said, everyone is going to say that. A few of my friends have it, and don't have any complaints. I am actually switching to it if the 4.5 gives document editors only to the once on bes

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Too many problems with WM OS. I say curve all day.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

my cousin has a blackjack II and likes it. but I think you'll get a much more stable phone if you get a curve. I've also heard horrible things about windows mobile. And blackjacks are notorious for their terrible battery life.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

DH had the original Blackjack when i made him get a blackberry----the screens were just too clustered for the WM OS...and way too confusing!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2

Many thanks. I kind of like Blackberry much and very easy to use once you get used to it. I had 2 different Blackberry devices so I have been look forward to have Curve in the past. I have no problem access to any websites with Opera Mini. So Curve should do much better than 8700c. I am right, ain't I? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)