Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was a Treo 650 user. It was just so cumbersome to use. Then my ... General Blackberry forum

Garrison no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DA5687

Re: BlackBerry's for everyone!

Advertisement

I was a Treo 650 user. It was just so cumbersome to use. Then my company Delta Airlines started to use them and I decided to buy one for personal use. I love it I wish I had joined sooner.
    Have you seen my stapler?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Coming from Sidekicks, mobile phones and Windows Mobile devices, I was happy about getting a more stable OS and device. I am happy to be the owner of a BlackBerry. If I had the chance to promote it for personal use, I would.

blacklaw no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    327508D5

I used the Treo 600, 650 and the PPC 6600 and 6700 with Sprint, when I left Sprint fotr Cingular I was going to go back to the PPC, but the rep recommeded the Blackberry. I can tell you I am not sure how I got along without it. I think it is a good idea to offer a Blackberry product to the average consumer, so to speak. Will it create a demand such that additional items will cost more, who knows.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

its def. for more than the business world...im 16 and i use a blackberry i use it for web browsing text messaging email etc. i use it for the calendar aswell

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a Sidekick and was very reluctant to get a BB. Now I can honestly say its just a better device than any other phone! That being said there is still a market for a pearl type of BB!

rambo47 no está en línea Stack level 1

I went from Blackberries (personal use, BIS) to Treos, mostly for the expandable storage. I needed to keep some spreadsheets, pdf docs, and a few other things with me. On the older BB's like the 7230 or 7730 there was only 16 MB of storage, and that's for the applications data as well as any files a user wants to keep. When one of these Blackberries gets low on memory funky things start to happen like freezes and slowdowns, apps misbehaving or not opening. The Palm Treos seemed like the perfect convergence device for me, handling basic phone functions and adding bluetooth, and giving me the bullitproof (although simple) PIM apps Palm is so well known for. With a 1 GB SD storage card I had my storage. I was able to mitigate many of the shortcomings of the Treo by adding aftermarket programs like Chattermail.

But I always missed the rock solid stability of the Blackberry, and as I added more and more aftermarket apps to the Treo 650 my stability suffered trememdously. How can you count on a phone that can go into a reset loop or simply freeze just as you push the phone button? You can't. Add to this fact that the Treo is a 180 gram brick. Not so bad when you wear it in a belt holster, but on weekends, wearing gym shorts and putting the Treo in your pocket for a quick run to Starbuck's and it gets very uncomfortable. By comparison, my BB 7105t weighs 120 grams, significantly less than the Treo.

As soon as the Pearl new was broken by Boy Genius at Engaget I got the Blackberry fever once again. It never really went away, instead simmering in the background. But it heated up once again. I went out right away and bought a 7105t, just for a month's use, to get used to SureType. I actually like it, and for times when it's not the ideal input method there's double-tap. On Tuesday I finally get my cake and can eat it too: Blackberry and expandable storage. And as a bonus, just for me, the camera I got used to having on my Treo 650 comes to my precious Pearl.

Since Palm went from a strictly consumer device to a business device running Windows Mobile designed to compete head-to-head with the Blackberry, it seems only fair that RIM would take a stab at the consumer side of the market. I assumed that the WM-based Treos pushed RIM into counter-attacking with a push into the consumer side, but the Boy Genius report says the Pearl was 3 years in the making so the timing of this doesn't fit my theory. Now I think it's just a smart business move, recognizing the other 1/2 of the market and really targeting it with a model specifically designed for consumers. Developers for the Blackberry platform have taken notice of the trend of consumers to adapt the business models for personal use, and we've seen an explosion of aftermarket software for the 'berry. The timing of the Pearl looks just about perfect.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

I would have to say its an everybody devise as well

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Definatley perfect for everyone

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~RIM made it very clear that they saw a hole in the consumer market they could fill, and the Pearl is just the beginning. It really does make sense when you see the popularity of devices like the Sidekick, and the Treo and other smartphones invading the non-business market. I would virtually gauruntee more "consumer" versions of the BB, I just hope they will stick to their roots and continue to develop a more "business" side of devices as well and that the line doesn't get so blurred that they create one line of "crossover" devices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12