Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it just me or is the bb slowly moving from a "business device" to ... General Blackberry forum

blackberrybb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300ac30d

BlackBerry's for everyone!

Advertisement

Is it just me or is the bb slowly moving from a "business device" to a "phone" for everyone. I mean with the pearl coming soon that's going to do everything including babysitting the kids, who is RIM really targeting.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BlackBerry's for everyone!

My guess is everyone now...They probably realized how many millions of dollars they were missing out on not having a "consumer version"

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

why not have bb for everyone - hey then we can all use the bb messenger and not have to worry about paying high text charges
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I agree! I used to think that the BB was only for the business world, but it can't just be limited to one sector. I shied away from purchasing it because I didn't think that there would be enough "regular" users out there purchasing and actually using it! Glad I made that move!

blackberrybb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300ac30d

Your right shafferds, I would love the bb messenger for everyone thing, then RIM would have a monopoly. They would be running this wireless s***.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Let the blackberry messaging begin! Give a blackberry to all.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Using BB messenger is so much faster than using AIM. With BB messenger, you don't have to worry about if the person uses AIM, YAHOO, or MSN.

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Not only that- you know when the message was delivered AND EVEN WHEN IT WAS READ!! That's pretty amazing, especially at the low cost of free

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The only thing I really worry about it that in the rush to get the "consumer" BB to the market, they rush the integration process and end up with an OS that has the problems of all the other "consumer" phones, a lack of OS stability that RIM has had up to now.

Just my $0.02
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    The only thing I really worry about it that in the rush to get the "consumer" BB to the market, they rush the integration process and end up with an OS that has the problems of all the other "consumer" phones, a lack of OS stability that RIM has had up to now.

Just my $0.02
    Rcbjr.
    Or even worse...

They fatten the OS and start charging for all the add-ons like they do with the normal phone side.

However, that's how we move ahead in the development of a particular platform.

Double-edge sword!
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

RCBJR...good point indeed!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: BlackBerry's for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by clmccullough
    Or even worse...

They fatten the OS and start charging for all the add-ons like they do with the normal phone side.

However, that's how we move ahead in the development of a particular platform.

Double-edge sword!
    Would that be the Treo series from Palm that has dam near everything on it, and then I heard they clitch alot!!

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

yeah good point - if everyone had a bb then they would have a total control and more possibility for a less stable OS if everything is thrown on to it. One thing i notice is that they older nokias and ericssons last like 3 years or more - with all the new phones as of about 2 years ago they all started getting more high tech and thus started breaking down faster - ie: screen burn out, software corrupted, screen all fuzzy, ect ect

I think we should still have the nokia 3390 for people who arnt that techno savy and then give everyone else a bb who has a brain btwn their ears and is willing to actually study and learn the device
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

jarot48 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244BA859

I wet to lunch with some co-workers today and there was a BB in every table. The local restaurant in central to many big coorporations in the area so it was not a huge surprize.
    Jarot48
    PIN 244BA859

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    yeah good point - if everyone had a bb then they would have a total control and more possibility for a less stable OS if everything is thrown on to it. One thing i notice is that they older nokias and ericssons last like 3 years or more - with all the new phones as of about 2 years ago they all started getting more high tech and thus started breaking down faster - ie: screen burn out, software corrupted, screen all fuzzy, ect ect

I think we should still have the nokia 3390 for people who arnt that techno savy and then give everyone else a bb who has a brain btwn their ears and is willing to actually study and learn the device
    There will ALWAYS be that bunch (hand full) that jacks it up for the rest.

The other point is that we the consumers are the one demanding the smaller, faster, better, cheaper. They are just trying to keep up with a possible market trend to FATTEN their wallets in the know not the future. Honestly, I REALLY enjoy technology and have forever but I absolutely hate it when I see someone using technology incorrectly (or as they put it another way to not do it correctly).

I have turned down more work in the past few years then I have actually picked up. The reason is that I for some reason am getting less tolerant as I get older.

What about the people who call you and say I'm having a problem with my printer and then you go over there and the idiot unplugged it from the USB port so that they could plug in their thumb drive not even realizing that their computer has more than one USB port.

I tell ya those types of people wear me OUT!!!!!!
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast