Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I'm looking for cool, fun or unusual ways in which you have used or ... General Blackberry forum

mtrautschold no está en línea Stack level 2

"BlackBerry Wow!" - Cool or unusual ways you've Used or Benefited from your 'Berry

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm looking for cool, fun or unusual ways in which you have used or benefited from your BlackBerry! Please submit your story here. I'll be reviewing the stories and be sending a free copy of my BlackBerry Made Simple eBook for any stories I end up using in the new version!

You can also post them on my site (but make sure you post here as well for all the pinstack readers!)
    http://www.blackberrymadesimple.com/...cess_index.htm

Here are a few examples I've collected so far: (Thanks for submitting!)

BlackBerry for Free Drinks!?
    From Donna, a BlackBerry Enthusiast.
    "I went out with some friends to the neighborhood pub for a bite to eat and it happened to be "Trivia Night". The DJ would ask a question, then play a few songs before requesting the answer. Plenty of time to send the question off to "Askmenow.com" and have them e-mail back the answer. I did not use the answers for personal gain, rather I fed the answers to a cute guy at the bar who ended up picking up our drinks tab at the end of the night. What fun!" Donna uses a BlackBerry 7520 from Nextel. Submitted: 21-Oct-2005
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traveler's Aid
    From V.L., a BlackBerry Made Simple customer:
    "I just came back from a trip to New York City. I needed bus and subway directions to get around town. I was able to use a FREE email service at NYC@hopstop.com. After you registering with them at www.hopstop.com, I simply emailed the following: "130 West 46th Street TO 102 Fifth Avenue." to NYC@hopstop.com. In less than 5 minutes, NYC Hopstop sent me an email reply with subway and bus directions! I saved a lot of time trying to find and figure out a subway and bus map! I use a Blackberry 7290 from Cingular" Submitted: 20-Sep-2005
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

70 MPH Homework Helper
    From Martin Trautschold, author, BlackBerry Made Simple:
    "I was driving home on the highway after picking up my daughter from school. She wanted to get a head start on her definitions homework on the drive. The only dictionary was at home. Instead of waiting, she used a "Google" search on my BlackBerry web browser to find the definition of each term by typing "(word) definition" into the Google Search field. It worked like a champ! I use a BlackBerry 7230 from T-Mobile."Submitted: 22-Sep-2005

------
    Martin
    BlackBerry eBooks, Videos and Training at www.blackberrymadesimple.com

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: "BlackBerry Wow!" - Cool or unusual ways you've Used or Benefited from your 'Berr

I just BB messaged to twheeler driving home from work and my Gf did all the steering until she had enough and took my BB away until we got home.

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

Re: "BlackBerry Wow!" - Cool or unusual ways you've Used or Benefited from your 'Berry

Ever heard of mobile voice control http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfa...145&artlang=en

Well, after getting this, now I can send emails constantly without taking my hands off the steering wheel.

Oh Hydn. My wife wanted me to add this here.

She said that another innovative use is when I talk too much about the blackberry she takes it and throws it at me. YEAH AND IT WORKS!
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: "BlackBerry Wow!" - Cool or unusual ways you've Used or Benefited from your 'Berr

Oh Hydn. My wife wanted me to add this here.

She said that another innovative use is when I talk too much about the blackberry she takes it and throws it at me. YEAH AND IT WORKS!
    Haha I've even had mine hidden from me :cry:

Mobile voice control is def on my list!

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

My 3 year-old son thought I was playing a video game while I was messaging with hydn. He kept asking me if I was winning. Then he said he he wanted to win and typed his very FIRST Blackberry message EVER! It went something like this;
    vvVVVVVVVvvvvVVVVvvvvvvvvVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I think that was it wasn't hydn? I was never so proud.

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Re: "BlackBerry Wow!" - Cool or unusual ways you've Used or Benefited from your 'Berry

can you use Voice control with Cingular and a 7290?

I us my BB to SMS google for questions about everything from nearset pizza place to movie times. Also I play texas hold em while the wife watches TV.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Anyone who has flown Southwest Airlines can relate.

I'm traveling with a co-worker and we busted our buns all day. Super tired we drag arse back to a hotel. Dinner and many Bud Selects later we forget that Southwest will allow you to print your boarding pass 24-hours in advance.

The next morning we're cruising to a client location and it hit us. "Holy crap! We forgot to check in for our passes." We both thought we were bound for the dreaded C group.

Ahh, but wait my buddy says to me, "don't you get the Internet on that thing?" Yes I do.

Not but 1/4 of a mile later we were both checked in online for our flight with the Imperial A group boarding pass.

Thank you Blackberry...again.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great stories.

Eric

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    Here is another one...

My wife and I were going to see a premier in NY for some movie I can't remember. The line was so long out the theatre because this is the only place it was playing...something to not be released till the following month. (this was a while back, that's why I can't remember...or getting older)

Anyway, as we got closer to the booth, the attendant came out saying that the credit card machine is broken and that they can only allow people with cash (of course we didn't have cash). A lot of people had to leave but then I hopped onto my blackberry, logged onto some movie site, purchased my ticket online, went to a kiosk to retrieve the tickets...bam..

I was in the theatre. Of course, if I thought of this sooner, I would have done it the first place and got in sooner. LOL.
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

Keep 'em coming!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your cool stories - I love them!

Keep them coming!

Have a great day!
    Martin
    www.blackberrymadesimple.com

'Berry Saved My Golf Game

I just remembered this one...

I was stuck in traffic - running late on my way to an 8am tee off time for a golf game - the day after a hurricane brushed by us here in northern Florida. I called the course to say I was a little late - I was surprised to hear the response: "Don't worry, we're shut down due to flooding today!"

I jumped on www.google.com on my 'Berry and searched for "golf courses (my city/state)" and quickly located 3 other potential courses. I scrolled down and called the 1st - no luck - flooded, too. Then I called the second from the Browser and was lucky - "Sure, come on over - we're open and not too busy right now!"

All in a few key clicks on my web browser with Google Local - I solved my "Golf Emergency!"

Martin
    www.blackberrymadesimple.com

pierre626 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2028B9F

Well my story is....

I went into work with my dad because the whole building was flooded which means the internet,phone circuits and power were off except for the working computers which we couldn't get to as it was a safety hazard,so I whipped out my dads 7230 and Remote Desktoped over the browser and within five minutes I had switched the email server to the redundancy server and rung my mam at home to tell her we were going to be late.My dads bosses said that I was the only one that knew more than them,Odd.I was 14 and they were 40.And I was an expert with the BES,noone missed an email.

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Nutsnbolts -- I almost used your movie ticket purchase idea last night, but the site that Blackberry 411 uses didn't have online ticket purchase for my local theater. Does anyone know good WAP/web sites for ticket purchases (sorry if this throws the conversation off topic).
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Well, a new term is starting at school. I found out that we have a WAP site for checking your schedule, so I use it to see where I'm going next between classes.
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

This story may be a little longer than the others but I have a friend who ended up getting a date and ultimately a girlfriend via a BlackBerry.

I was in an establishment that serves sudsy beverages with a few friends the other night. There were 5 of us sitting at a table in lively conversation about the differences between the 3-4 and the 4-3 D-Line/Linebacker sets. All of a sudden, a nice looking business professional of the other gender approaches us and says to my only single buddy at the table, “I don’t want to interrupt so I am just going to give you this.” She smiled then immediately turned walked away. The young lady had given my friend a cocktail napkin with something written on it. My buddy, not wanting to appear to eager, didn’t open up the napkin right away. He waited a good 10 or 15 seconds before the anticipation of actually getting a phone number without asking for it overcame him. Now, just imagine a table full of grown men in their early thirties all huddled around the only guy in the group without a wedding band on reading a note from a woman kind of like those days back in the 6th grade when you would get a note from a girl that said “Do you like (insert some girls name that you had a crush on)? Check 1 for yes and 2 for no.” The difference here was that the only thing written on the napkin was an obscure 8 character code. There was no name, no number, no email address, and no instructions. There were just 6 numbers and 2 letters. We all just sat there for a moment wondering what the riddle was.
    A few seconds later my BlackBerry vibrated as I had just received an email. At that moment, I realized that that 8 character code with the 6 numbers and 2 letters wasn’t a riddle or a puzzle for my buddy to figure out. It was the BlackBerry PIN of the young lady and an open invitation for him to send her a message. My friend, not the brightest in the group when it comes to women, remember he is the only one not yet married, says “Too bad I don’t have a BlackBerry, I would have definitely have sent her a message.” At this point, I smacked my buddy in the back of the head and said, “You idiot, that woman is gorgeous and she is interested in you. Go buy a BlackBerry before I smack you in the back of the head again.
    Fortunately it was only about 7:30 p.m. and the T-Mobile store around the corner in the mall was still open. Since I knew the most out of my group of friends about BlackBerries, I went with my buddy and helped him pick out a 7100T and showed him how to send PIN messages. To make a long story short, my buddy is about to go on his third date. The moral to this story… Well, there really isn’t one but I thought that this was a kewl way to meet someone so I thought that I would share the story.

Last edited by hayden; 01-13-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast