Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

When I got my first berry which was the 7100t I got no data plan. ... General Blackberry forum

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Advertisement

When I got my first berry which was the 7100t I got no data plan. 2 days later I tried the data plan and said to myself "what the heck was I thinking not getting a data plan". A berry just isn't complete without one!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Thats like a computer without internet connection....

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Exactly, and there are people that don't need that internet connection...

I do agree that a blackberry cannot work at its full poetential without data services, ill also say that maybe some people don't need the full potential...

Personally, I could not live without a data connection...

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Exactly, and there are people that don't need that internet connection...

I do agree that a blackberry cannot work at its full poetential without data services, ill also say that maybe some people don't need the full potential...

Personally, I could not live without a data connection...
    This thread was about no BIS/BES data plan and not no other data plan. I agree that a BB without any data plan is no BB. But you can enjoy a lot with a simple data plan (that gives the edge and not EDGE)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Remember too that you can do quite a lot with wi-fi, if your device has it, on the internet without a data plan. It's limiting but I have a spare 8320 (no data, phone line) that I use to browse with often. Everyone has a budget and their own personal uses for their devices.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Ok I got FaceBook and MySpace to work. I still can't access PinStack, Opera Mini, Bolt Browser, Google Apps or Twitter.
    You need to make sure your TCP settings are right (options-advanced options-TCP)-apn and any user ID/password settings of your provider's simple data plan settings
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~ I am using my 8700g with simple data plan, browsing and posting at pinstack right now
    Last edited by banglaberry; 05-01-2009 at 01:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Remember too that you can do quite a lot with wi-fi, if your device has it, on the internet without a data plan. It's limiting but I have a spare 8320 (no data, phone line) that I use to browse with often. Everyone has a budget and their own personal uses for their devices.
    That's the idea J

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    This thread was about no BIS/BES data plan and not no other data plan. I agree that a BB without any data plan is no BB. But you can enjoy a lot with a simple data plan (that gives the edge and not EDGE)

Dude!! No need to get sideways. While I don't speak for the others I think we are just posting the other side of the same coin. We just happen to feel that the BB is better with a data plan. If you or anyone else enjoys their BB w/o a data plan then that's awesome. Some of us just feel the opposite. As long as your rockin the RIM then it's all good.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    Dude!! No need to get sideways. While I don't speak for the others I think we are just posting the other side of the same coin. We just happen to feel that the BB is better with a data plan. If you or anyone else enjoys their BB w/o a data plan then that's awesome. Some of us just feel the opposite. As long as your rockin the RIM then it's all good.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ill second that boomer...
    i see RED...

micropitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    With some carriers you have 2 choices. The plain vanilla data plan and the BIS plan. By AT&T the plain data plan is $15/month and the BIS plan is $30/month. I would get at least the regular data plan. A BB without data plan is like a cheeseburger without cheese :-)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    That's the idea J
    Right. I was just answering those who have said they can't imagine having a BB without a data plan. There ARE SOME uses for one without a data plan. As someone mentioned before, like a computer without the internet. It's not as "complete" as it could be but it still has lots of uses.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123