Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey, Any people, besides me, that use a blackberry without the BIS/BES data plans?!?! If ... General Blackberry forum

tjd1232008 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Question Blackberry without data plan????

Advertisement

Hey,
    Any people, besides me, that use a blackberry without the BIS/BES data plans?!?!

If so, explain why...

Or if you disagree, explain why its a necessity!

Just curious....

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    no data plan since day 1. i have a little idea about the things i'm missing without it...well, for sure i cant' do ota downloads. I used to enjoy browsing internet thru wap (and I'm going on prepaid by the way). Now I changed to a carrier which does not support bb's here in the Philippines(suncellular). Nonetheless, i use my pearl for personal reasons and I believe i have the necessary apps in it. Of course, every chance i get, and if luck is on my side, i join and win giveaways here in pinstack Not to mention those free apps all around. At this point, i don't see the necessity of getting on BIS. Perhaps sometime in the future (if I win a Bold or a Curve 8900) then I'll try to get on BIS and experience the whole BlackBerry experience.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I use my two previous BBs (8700g and 8100) without BIS data plan, just to keep them in running condition. Use prepaid SIM with normal edge data plan. That gives me a wap browser, which allows me to download OTA apps. I have opera mini and Bolt for good browsing experience. Even have installed Shangmail push email. So, the two devices are as good as if on BIS. I keep experimenting with the two to see what I am missing, compared to my Bold on BIS. The only differences are that Bold is much better as a device and I am missing other push services like weather, reuters and nyt (push ones)-otherwise I can use the icons to visit their mobile news sites and get the latest news. Twitter, Facebook and Pinstack(wap version) work perfectly.Google mobile apps also work great. So?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    no data plan here. i don't really see a reason, thus no plan. if i am ever in need of the internets i always have my mobile PC close, so i just jump on that for my internet usage.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Got to have a data plan. I've never owned a Blackberry without one. There is so much to be missed without the data plan that I couldn't imagine using a Blackberry without one.

raeford no está en línea Stack level 2
    For my own reasons, I couldn't see using or owning a BB without a data plan. With my Bold, I can usually leave my laptop in the case. I also run my own business, so having instant access to the world via a data plan is a necessity for me.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really don't see the point of bothering with a BlackBerry if its not "connected".

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd not have a blackberry or any smartphone without a data plan. Out here this is the only connection to the web, and I'd miss not having it.

Without data I'd just have a regular dumb phone.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    I use my two previous BBs (8700g and 8100) without BIS data plan, just to keep them in running condition. Use prepaid SIM with normal edge data plan. That gives me a wap browser, which allows me to download OTA apps. I have opera mini and Bolt for good browsing experience. Even have installed Shangmail push email. So, the two devices are as good as if on BIS. Twitter, Facebook and Pinstack(wap version) work perfectly.Google mobile apps also work great. So?
    I have my 8120 on prepaid and can't get any of those to work. How did you do it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ok I got FaceBook and MySpace to work. I still can't access PinStack, Opera Mini, Bolt Browser, Google Apps or Twitter.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I would say u might as well get just a qwerty phone if u don't wanna have a data plan. I could never go with out my data. I use the internet on it all the time, I use the BBM for almost all contacts on there, I think it would be useless with out data, what's the point? there are other cool phones out there that have qwerty keyboards. Then again I havent use a bb/smartphone with out it. If I need to get on the internet that bad I can always teather my berry (torrent while I drive 3 hrs so I downloaded a movie to watch when I got to the hotel room!)
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'd probably feel like my wife left me if I had to use my BB without data. LOL

I think that about sums it up.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    My previous phone, 8320, is a prepaid 2nd phone line with no data plan. it's useful as an internet browser, Slacker streaming and media player, and phone. I just use it as a backup - some stuff works, some doesn't but it's handy from time to time and I have the phone line anyway. Since I don't use the minutes much, it hardly costs anything. I renew a few $ every six months and that's about it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I'd probably feel like my wife left me if I had to use my BB without data. LOL

I think that about sums it up.
    At least you wouldn't have to pay and pay....and pay.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ill second jay on this one... No point in having a berry if the data plan isn't there... Most of the features on it won't work... To me, the whole purpose of a bb is to have a device that can constantly keep me in touch on the go, and without data, it just doesn't do that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast