I have a personal domain setup for my business. My personal email address is chris@mybusiness.com ... General Blackberry forum

ginnal no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry with personal smtp account.

Advertisement

I have a personal domain setup for my business. My personal email address is chris@mybusiness.com I have an unlocked and currently unused 7290 laying around can I setup this 7290 to recieve email from this account? IF so how do I go about it? I'm with cingular wireless.

ginnal no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry with personal smtp account.

I guess the question I'm asking is whether or not its possible to check my pop3 account using the blackberry and the desktop software.

elrey718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B82A8F

u would need the blackberry data plan with cingular. once u get that on ur account u can set up any email that you want.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Hi Ginnal,

Elrey is correct, you need a data plan with cingular wireless, then you can add any email you like. If you need help once you've established your data plan, let us know and we can walk you through setting up your BIS And Welcome to Pinstack

Jade

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

Another option is using Gmail. I set up my personal email to forward copies to my gmail account and downloaded the Gmail mobile version. Gmail allows you to set things up so that when you send email or respond from your blackberry, it responds as though it was being sent directly from your smtp account - not Gmail. This allows me to keep my personal email inbox separate from my business email inbox.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by swtrainer
    Gmail allows you to set things up so that when you send email or respond from your blackberry, it responds as though it was being sent directly from your smtp account - not Gmail.
    BIS will do this for any email account that you integrate...