I have been searching for the thread "What do you wish your blackberry could do" ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Arrow Blackberry Wish-List

Advertisement

I have been searching for the thread "What do you wish your blackberry could do" but couldn't find it, so I am just putting this here. Anyone here who works for blackberry or has any pull with the, feel free to take these ideas into the next meeting:

A. I wish my blackberry had a camera on it. I understand that it would make it more like a toy for teens and tweens, but a camera on the device does have practical uses in the business world.

B. I wish my blackberry had a slot for a Flash Card. That way I could store pictures and documents on the Flash Card rather than have only the memory that is in the BB now.

C. I wish my blackberry could play video off of sites like CNN, MSNBC, NY1, etc.

D. I wish my blackberry could play audio. Not like music like an IPOD phone or what not (However that could work), but just like the video I mentioned above, it would be very convienent.

E. I wish my blackberry was GPS enabled so that when I went to run a white pages search or mapquest search, it would automatically know where I was and I wouldn't have to find out where I was before and put it into the search field.

F. I wish my blackberry would let me customize the menu bars, so that I could list the actions in a way that was easier for me depending on what I use the most.

G. I wish my blackberry would let me easier understand how to delete preloaded ringers and messaging programs without having to be a computer technician to figure out how to do so.

H. I wish my blackberry had more applications that were free to be able to download instead of good applications that cost me $75+

I. I wish my blackberry also had a touch screen with one of those plastic pens so that I wouldn't always have to use a trackbar.

J. I wish my blackberry could at times act more like a PDA. Like when you are in a restaurant and don't like the channel that the tv is on, you can use your PDA as a remote and change the channel. This obviously serves no real purpose other than to satisfy myself. It would also be nice to be able to use your blackberry as a remote around the house...
    On THAT note...
    K. I wish my blackberry could link up to my house so that when I was on my way home, I could start having the lights turned on, tv turned on, etc. Kind of like those homelinks they have in cars.

L. I wish my blackberry would allow me to delete the pre-loaded Tmobile bookmarks.

I am sure that I will come up with more things. These are practical things obviously. Note that I didn't put babysit, find me dates, etc. If anyone here has any REALISTIC suggestions/comments, why not post them here and maybe we can forward them to RIM.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Blackberry Wish-List

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

MirandaSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello! It seems I got some ideas for programming the BlackBerry... I wear two devices on my belt... The Treo 600 (T-Mobile) and BlackBerry 7290 (Cingular). I am in the process of migrating to the BlackBerry, but ran into difficulty, due to expensive software. I just started using Bluetooth, last week, and wondering if a GPS will work with the BlackBerry.

On my Treo 600, I have all the essentials plus more. I have GPS connectivity and packet radio terminal (Amateur Radio). I have full chat capability and full access to my email server.

I am not into watching video on my portables. I'm not into listening to music, though I have PocketTunes on my Treo and an iPod Shuffle.

I'm focusing on the Bluetooth capability of my BlackBerry 7290... Not sure what projects I will make...

Marcos

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I'm sorry to say this but it looks like a Treo or PPC would be a better choice for you lol. Until RIM has a consumer division there will be little chance of having any of this. With their core base being government and business most of this is deemed unnecessary.for that matter, it adds to the fact that you have to purchase most of the programs. Course I've always felt I should and am willing to pay for the programs that help me most. Its the only way good programmers are going to take the time creating the cool apps! There are some pretty cool things your dreaming of but I think most of them are a couple years off at best. Sorry!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well for right now I guess I'd just settle for the camera and flash card option.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

bigdave879 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400E7238
    I am actually really pleased with my BB. I think the only thing that I wish was available is maybe the EVDO or EDGE technology.

west no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40062CDA

I would just like my BB to list the phone number of who's texting me.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Well for right now I guess I'd just settle for the camera and flash card option.
    The Flash Card spoke to them "RIM" on that option, they "say that would be a security risk" go figure...I guess they figure only business/government personels have a real interest in their products...and it is actually the opposite!!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I would love a flash card too. I never have thought any phone camera has been worth a crap. I would love to be able to upload my digital camera via usb though! As both are significant security risks to their gov't customers, it's not likely to happen, unless they come up with a "Blueberry" or something like that, so firm security can easily distinguish. I truly think that now that the lawsuit has been settled, and their R&D can work on things other than the "workaround" you will see some other things in production by early '07, but I think it will be a consumer division. Just look at the new Blackberry website. One click for business users, one for personal users. They are researching the demand. We'll see. If the demand is real, I'm betting on all kinds of cool features!

MirandaSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the Treo 600 (T-Mobile) and getting ready to make programs for the BlackBerry 7290. My initial programming project will be to port over favorite apps from the Treo to the BlackBerry.

Basically, I won't sell off my Treo until I have apps equivalent on the BlackBerry.

However, after reviewing the BlackBerry Development software docs, it seems it will be easier to program than PalmOS.

I can make WAP programs, but haven't worked on WAP projects for over 3 years now.

Soon, I will have software for the BlackBerry.

Marcos