View Poll Results: Do you Blackberry while driving?

Voters
554. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Talking on BB with handsfree headset (or bluetooth)

339 61.19%
  • Talking on BB with no handsfree headset

260 46.93%
  • Checking Emails

328 59.21%
  • Using IM, such as Blackberry Messenger

239 43.14%
  • Using Blackberry Browser (News, Sports, Weather, Directions, Etc.)

223 40.25%
  • No I don't

37 6.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Check out the Motorola jackets and helmets here. I don't know if a BlackBerry will ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Blackberry While Driving?

Advertisement

Check out the Motorola jackets and helmets here. I don't know if a BlackBerry will work but it's worth a shot. http://motorola.digitalriver.com/DRH...goryID=1229100

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

Interesting thread. Although using mobile telephones whilst driving, unless using a hands-free kit has been made illegal in the UK, there are still too many people doing it. Why? Is there really a need to use a mobile when driving? How did people manage before mobile phones?

riotgeek no está en línea Stack level 2

I've never used my blackberry whilst driving. I might use it with a headset, but I can't see myself reading emails while driving. I haven't had it very long, maybe I'm just not addicted enough yet?

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Smile Re: Blackberry While Driving?

Although using a bluetooth handset for voice call while I am driving, I can't help it but to read incoming email when my BB vibrates, and I must admit I do reply emails while I am travelling at 100km/hr

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

Seeing that i live in N.Y. & the driving laws r strict. I use a handsfree headset always, along w/a seatbelt.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator

I've been wondering, though, if I could rig up a system that would let me have access to my iPod, BB, FRS radio, radar detector, and GPS unit all on the dash of my machine. That would make quite an "instrument" panel, wouldn't it?
    Your wishes may not be as far off as you think. Word has it (still waiting on the information) that there has been a LCD head unit designed in Japan that will sync with the Blackberry devices. It would be able to sync via blue tooth or via USB port. This would enable you to bring all of your homescreen information up into your LCD display, make phone calls, upload your address book and information, etc. It would also enable your Blackberry to become a roaming modem that would allow you to have internet access via the LCD screen in your vehicle.

Apparently this device is already being tested on the Japanese market (heard this from a very reliable source) however, I have been told that it will be a VERY expensive unit to purchase when it first comes out ($3500+ USD) (Obviously). I would guess it would be like televisions and come down more in price as they stay on the market longer.

As soon as I get the definate information on this and a link, you can bet that I will be posting it here, so stay tuned.

N8

cmccrary10 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21B2714B

I'm bad about this, but apparently, most of us are too.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

I must confess I'm bad too, my aunt will IM me and when it takes me a minute to type my responce I alway get "r u driving", when I reply "yes", I get "bye". She says she does not want to be the reason I reck. So far so good no accidents, well none because of the bb.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

My boss loves it when I'm around and can drive him so he doesn't have to berry while driving. One of his problems is he has a laptop with wireless going also. It fun to drive behind him sometimes and watch him drive.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I admit I have this problem too... I'm a cell phone salesman and I often go on the road to see some clients. My boss send me about 15- to 20 e-mails a day so I often read my e-mails in the car. I never answer e-mails in the car but I do a lot of sms and calls. I also have a bluetooth but I'm ALWAYS forgetting it at home. My g/f thinks I'm addict to BB and yell at me each time I BBWD

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I use bluetooth when I'm in a car, I mainly ride a scooter (yes, a scooter, Perth is not that big that I need a big car.) so I would never ride and check my email, etc. Mind you it's only because I'm afraid of dropping it on the blacktop at 45mph (that sounds about right for 70 km/h but someone tell me otherwise if I'm wrong- btw I am US born just living in AUS) )
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

wtf... I didn't mean for that emoticon to come up!! o.k. time to go through the legend so I can actually make sense from now on! lol!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

august no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com). Yesterday morning I found a website that I could download free ringtones, so my daughter was up earlier in the morning doing that so much I made breakfast late. I think my story sounds worst than everyone. We were hungry sitting there typing on this

FlyingDutch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CB5F48

Smile Re: Blackberry While Driving?

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme
    But I will say that I don't use the BB when I have the kids in the car.. Well except when I am at a red light..
    This is good, I surely don't want anything to happen to your kids but perhaps you can also stop using your Blackberry when I'm driving around with my kids? Not that I want to be selfish or anything..

hottweelz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244D5602

I have a car phone so I don't really use the Berry to talk, but I have had conference calls in the car, while using the blackberry to IM someone.. "So and so don't know what he's talking about.... go correct him" and then SSH'ing into a server to run a script to fix something...

Lots of broken rules.

PIN: 244D5602

Streaming Mobile Radio: Cyber-FM Mobile

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast