View Poll Results: Do you Blackberry while driving?

Voters
554. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Talking on BB with handsfree headset (or bluetooth)

339 61.19%
  • Talking on BB with no handsfree headset

260 46.93%
  • Checking Emails

328 59.21%
  • Using IM, such as Blackberry Messenger

239 43.14%
  • Using Blackberry Browser (News, Sports, Weather, Directions, Etc.)

223 40.25%
  • No I don't

37 6.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516 LastLast

Wow, this is one scary thread. Whatever you use to justify your BB use (specifically ... General Blackberry forum

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry While Driving?

Advertisement

Wow, this is one scary thread. Whatever you use to justify your BB use (specifically emails and texting) while driving has no more validity than any excuse someone might come up with to justify driving while drinking. I guess it's always that "It can't happen to me!" attitude. But it can happen to you.

*** I had typed a whole lot more but I erased it all. What's the point? No one's mind will be changed here. This is truly one of the saddest threads I have ever read in any forum. Such a cavalier attitude towards something that could have such far-reaching consequences. I'm pretty sure no one here has seen the bloody remains of a 5-year old toddler after having gone through a windshield as a result of a head-on collision. ***

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

No but I have two kids under the age of 2 so, this thread really made me stop and think about the possibles results that could come about as a result of DWBB(driving while on the Blackberry). I have changed my usage because of that. Not more using while driving unless I am not in the driver's seat!

My kids need their daddy and I Love them TOO much to take that away from them doing something that careless!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Good for you. If this thread will make at least one person stop and THINK about the consequences their actions might have, it will have been worth it.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

I'm guilty.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

RuSLAN no está en línea Stack level 1

I know it’s not safe but I can’t go with out checking my mail or talking my BB while I drive. I had a pearl but I had get the 8300 because I couldn’t type and drive at the same time, but iam doing my best to stop.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

pdclarke no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't use my BlackBerry while driving. I'm too concerned about causing an accident resulting in death, loss of car or an increased insurance premium, whichever comes first. In fact, anytime I see someone driving while talking on a cell phone, I get away from them as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RuSLAN
    I know it’s not safe but I can’t go with out checking my mail or talking my BB while I drive. I had a pearl but I had get the 8300 because I couldn’t type and drive at the same time, but iam doing my best to stop.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    Only YOU can stop YOU. (Maybe there should be a group like BB Anonymous?)

(You might find this helpful in trying to "quit": my 24-year old BLONDE daughter is always leaving the front door wide open when she has forgotten something at her friend's house next door. Many times I have come home to find the front door wide open and she's next door, with no one else at home. I nagged her about it every time it happened, without a change in behaviour. After "discussing" this one more time to no avail, I finally said to her one night: "You'll come back here one day, having left the door open again, and go up the stairs, turn right to go to your room - and there's a guy waiting in your doorway with a shotgun levelled at your head. I can guarantee that, EXACTLY at that moment, you WILL think of this conversation." She hasn't left the door open since.)

I could give you a similar example that might be applied for texting, emailing, and gaming while you are driving, but instead I will leave the grisly details to your imagination.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

I hand the bb to the person next to me to answer the phone.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog
    Only YOU can stop YOU. (Maybe there should be a group like BB Anonymous?)
    There is a start to it here or stickied up top!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sion_page.html

Quote Originally Posted by delacruzin05
    There is a start to it here or stickied up top!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sion_page.html
    Sorry, didn't see it. I'm still in shock over some of the rationalizations I have read in this thread. (And "confessing" is one thing; seeking help quite another.)

djay3000 no está en línea Stack level 2

ha ha i do, i need to or someone needs to come up with a voice recognizing texting program lol..

Tortuga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BE293D

yea I gotta cut down...

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I try really hard to be good, but when I see a flashing red light... mind I do check it out. And I have been known to answer... Good thing this activity has been in the automatic and not the 5 speed.

As a point of humor: I have a friend that is an Army aviator, helicopter variety, who used to do crossword puzzles on the interstate... and who got all huffy when I pointed out that the air lacks the same kind of traffic hazards.
    Last edited by piggles; 08-11-2007 at 01:34 AM.

delias_007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: Blackberry While Driving?

Yeap, I happen also to me that when I hear that I have a new mail, I take the first opprotunity to watch it, normally in my house I am the only crazy that use to have this kind of stuff, so nobody else can help me even to answer the phone. :-)

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

i have to admit, i do, but only at a red light or congested traffic. Never on the highway, that's murder lol