I have a 9630 tour that's completely dead due to water damage, the screen doesn't ... General Blackberry forum

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3

blackberry water damage

Advertisement

I have a 9630 tour that's completely dead due to water damage, the screen doesn't turn on hence no codes, and the LED doesn't light up. The menu and back buttons do light up a bit tho when I connect the usb charger. The phone is being used on at&t hence no warranty from verizon. The water damage indicator under the battery is red, the one on the screw (is it also a water damage indicator?) is white. I tried the blow drier and the rice trick soon after the incident. Dint work. Tried removing the batt for 24 hours, dint work. Tried to start it up with apploader and jlcmder. Nada. I disassembled it completely piece by piece and Upon close inspection, I noticed sort of a shot/ashy/black spot somewhere on the motherboard. So my guess is its completely kaput. Is there somewhere I can buy a motherboard (/logic board- donno its exact name but I'm sure u guyz get my drift) for cheap or what would u guyz suggest. Phone is still new or good as new. Actually I just took out the screen protector this morning when I was disassembling. That y I aint giving up yet..
    Thnx in advance

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    IMO if you start buying the parts you think will fix your Berry, piece by piece, you may end up spending more than it would cost to replace it. With water damage/elect. shorts, who knows what is good and what isnt until each part is tested. Just my two cents, I hope you resolve it one way or the other.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I'm with Choke on this, BUT if you do wanna start buying parts best place is cnn http://cnn.cn, or ebay. But it's probably not worth it. You're on ATT? Why not get a good used 9000, or 8900, or even an 8320?
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Put it in a bowl of un cooked rice that will soak up the moisture. But if you already put the battery back in and tried to start the phone you more them likely fried the phone. You should always leave the battery out for a couple days when it comes to water damage

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Chokem, pkcable: ill give u that. Parts might/will be more expensive than the device. ill check on the prices tho on cnn.cn. Leaning towards buying another one. Thnx guyz.
    Brian80: tried it. Tho I'm not sure how long it was submerged under water.. Kids, gotta luv em.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If you want an unlocked ATT 8310 in great shape with a new battery, let me know. I AM about to list it on eBay...
    P.S. -- $100 no s/h for a fellow Sracker. Can send pics if you're interested.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    If you want an unlocked ATT 8310 in great shape with a new battery, let me know. I AM about to list it on eBay...
    P.S. -- $100 no s/h for a fellow Sracker. Can send pics if you're interested.
    Thats as good a deal is you will find
    ​Galaxy S4 Red