"Turns out those leaks about a BlackBerry Bluetooth companion watch were dead on: The Allerta ... General Blackberry forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Post Blackberry Watch $150 coming in February?

Advertisement

"Turns out those leaks about a BlackBerry Bluetooth companion watch were dead on: The Allerta InPulse Bluetooth companion watch—not a watchphone—isn't actually a RIM product, and should ship in February for $150. So what does it do?"...read more

"Which is fair enough. They've posted a few of the early prototype pictures here, in case you're curious. This is what they look like now—just keep in mind, these aren't meant to look nice, yet:"

Source: Here
    Last edited by raton; 10-27-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Took down pictures due to bandwidth issue... sorry
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This thing is hideous.... and kind of useless.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I think the same way ^^. I'm just posting it because some people were curious to know what this new bb watch was all about . Personally, I'll carry my bb everywhere instead of carrying a watch to tell me I got a message or missed call.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You still have to carry your BB, it just has widgets on the watch that give you a heads up so you don't have to take your BB out of your holster or purse to see who it's from....still gotta reply/compose on the BB. Can't see too many people buying it when all it does is put alerts on your wrist for $150 bucks.....but some people have more money than sense
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This piece of technology is about as useful as shooting rockets into the moon to see if there is water beneath it's surface!!! I'll keep my $150.00 and resist the urge to join the - ABSOLUTELY TO LAZY TO PULL OUT YOUR BB AND LOOK @ WHAT'S GOING DOWN- CLUB

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    This piece of technology is about as useful as shooting rockets into the moon to see if there is water beneath it's surface!!! I'll keep my $150.00 and resist the urge to join the - ABSOLUTELY TO LAZY TO PULL OUT YOUR BB AND LOOK @ WHAT'S GOING DOWN- CLUB
    While i agree it's part of the process we seem to need in order to innovate. All the bad ideas lead to good or even great ideas down the road.

I'm waiting for a HUD for our vehicles tied to our cell phones or devices we use in a vehicle. Turning the windshield into a big screen would be neat. (BT Windshield display as an example)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hey now I am just lazy enough I might have to get on.....lol

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Hey now I am just lazy enough I might have to get on.....lol
    i second that motion
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is so dumb this is a waste of a make

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK. I will play the devils advocate on this one. I agree it is Butt ugly however I think the core idea is very cool. If I had something like this that syncs with my BB and shows the temp as well as time...Cool! Also I pull out my BB all the time to see it is a call I don't want to answer or some junk email that I don't care about at all. If they did some fine tuning I could see this being useful it would be a lot easier in a meeting to look at my watch and see what was coming in than it is to pull out my BB and have the rest of our management team look at me funny because I am pulling out my BB.

tuner2484 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    +1 Modern Cowboy...even thought it is a hideous looking watch, I can't wait too see the next one that comes out!

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I am with Modern Cowboy, alot better to look at your watch then pulling out your BB all the time. You have all the info you need on your wrist and just pull out the BB when you need to.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Lol. I would rather just pull my device from my pocket then pay 150$ just so I can stare at my wrist.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I pre-ordered mine already.