Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was Windows before BB and Windows is Windows. Get ready for freezing, slow speed ... General Blackberry forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Advertisement

I was Windows before BB and Windows is Windows. Get ready for freezing, slow speed and anything you can think you Windows PC does.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    blackberry push.... windows pull. and pull more. and keep pulling. lol. i had wm for 2 years. along with my bb and over all horrible imo.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    All I can say that, BB use is a lifestyle, just to save a few dollars , don't make the mistake of your life.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

khernden69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2488ED4C
    Thank you all for your help. I decided to keep my Blackberry and I am so glad that I did. You guys are great. Thank you.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Congrats. I recently took a winmo test drive. It was the most irritating 2 days ever. So happy to be back with my Berry.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    I have experience with both Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones.

Windows mobile phones are awesome. Absolutely amazing. But... it's not a Blackberry.

You'll see what I mean if you switch :-) You'll be happy with Windows Mobile - but you'll get homesick.

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    I was way late. Sorry.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by CybaCowboy View Post
    You're probably not gonna get an unbias opinion here as almost everyone here uses a BlackBerry device... But I'll try.

Now rather than writing a novel comparing the two, I'll just highlight sonme of the most obvious benefits between the two.

Windows Mobile:
    • THOUSANDS of third-party applications, for almost any purpose you can name.
    • Seamless, native synchronization with Microsoft Outlook.
    • Microsoft Office Mobile is included, offering (roughly) 85-90% of the functionality found in the desktop equivalent.
    • Native support for most of Microsoft's multimedia formats; third-party support for virtually all multimedia formats.
    • Native support for HTML-encoded e-mail messages.

BlackBerry OS:
    • Significantly more secure out-of-the-box.
    • Devices are generally smaller in size.
    • Usage times are far longer than even the best Windows Mobile devices.
    • "Push"-like e-mail functionality WITHOUT any enterprise solution being required.

Debatable differences:
    • The default Internet browser is superior to one or the other.
    • BlackBerry's user interface is easier to use than that found in Windows Mobile.
    • The keyboard is better on one or the other.

I own both and to be honest, the way I look at the two is like this - Windows Mobile is more of a "toy" or entertainment operating system, whilst BlackBerry is the "workhorse"...

Unlike Windows Mobile, BlackBerry OS only does a few things, but they do them near-perfect.

Windows Mobile on the other hand, is "a jack-of-all-trades and a master-of-none".

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

I totally agree w/this post!!! Jack-of-all-trades/Master of none!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah, BB is the only way to go, and if it can be hacked you can find it on here!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Yeah, BB is the only way to go, and if it can be hacked you can find it on here!
    Hello my friend!!! Yeah, I have both and I know the short-comings of the WM6-+ software...tooo much work for nothing. -Later Bro

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a HTC Mogul for about 8 months and didn't really like it.

CONS:
    - The touch screen wasn't as responsive as I had hoped
    - The phone didn't come with enough memory
    - The operating system by it self was slow and required plently of soft-resets almost on a daily basis. (Took a few seconds just to open up the text message folder)
    - They keyboard wasn't as responsive as I expected, most of the time not keeping up with what I had typed.
    - GPS on the Mogul wasn't that good, sometimes not being able to pickup a signal via sattelite, other times not being precise.
    - Battery life extremly weak

The one thing that was really good with Windows Mobile is the third party application ability. It truly does have millions of applications that are widely available and free where as with the BlackBerry the library isn't as large and there's no "secret" way around getting those applications for free on the BlackBerry where with Windows Mobile there is.

The functionality in regards to media formats and what not were excellent on WM as it did pretty much play anything you threw at it.

The cons outweighed the benefits as I generally used it more for text messaging, emails, phone calls and occasional website browsing. The first few weeks, maybe even months I liked having all these features but very quickly they all got old.

The BlackBerry is solid, it's great for texting and email, it's great for the occasional web page, it has a few good applications so you can get news and information quickly. I've had no issues except once with using the GPS/Sprint Navigation (It was on a cloudy/rainy day)

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    WM = Jack of all trade, master of none

BB = Jack of no trade, master of only one

iPhone = I have no keypad, and what's cut&paste??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12