I have been using my blackberry for 2 years (sprint 7250). I love it, real ... General Blackberry forum

jigxerjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319F0748

blackberry vS pocket Pc?

Advertisement

I have been using my blackberry for 2 years (sprint 7250). I love it, real time eMails, blackberry messenger, AIM, yahoo messenger, games ect...I have been always frowned upon Pocket PC users, because they claim that there windows mobile system is better then my system. So My question to u all is what are the pro and cons for having a BB vs Pocket PC... Spare no detail... Thx

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: blackberry vS pocket Pc?

OK, Well here is my 2cents worth.

Blackbery is by far the best method for getting email. hands down. no equal anywhere yet.

The big plus for pocketpc has always been the "office" apps, Word, Excel, Etc. Typically preinstalled with the OS. made by Microsoft, etc. Now there are third party apps for the Blackberry that give you most of that functionality. To be honest I dont use most of them as it is mainly an email and messenger device for me. I do have the BBspell app to correct my poor spelling though.

Other advantages of the pocketPC have been removable memory cards, Bluetooth that can be used for data, WiFi. But rumor as it that those things may be coming to future BB models.

In my personal experience, the pocketPC devices have had far shorter battery life than my BB.

I have had several PocketPC devices over the years, and I now have the BB. I dont see myself ever going back. Hope that helps!

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Pocketpc and blackberries are 2 different devices.
    The blackberries were mainly designed for messaging, plain and simple. All the other additions as time goes on are after thoughts. For messaging and pim functionality BB has the others beat.

Pocket pcs on the other hand are trying to recreate the windows desktop experience in a handheld. Its designed to be an all in one device so sometimes the models do it all good enough. The battery life is the trade off. I've had a pocket pc before, I don't need excel/word that badly that I'll put up with mediocre battery life and crashes.A bb with miniexcel (now gridmagic) and the word pad serve me well enough. Your mileage may vary.

The main drawback right now is that third party support for bb isn't very strong. That is changing though with the introduction of consumer bb's. More apps will come out at more competitive prices.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Both are correct. For communications, blackberry is by far superior. For office, and office management, PPC is by far superior. I own both and use both.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would have to say stability was the factor that helped me make the transition. I dropped 6 pocket pc devices and had to replace them all as they no longer worked. I dropped all of my bb's and they still worked fine. The reason I sent 3 of them back was signal problems beyond my control.

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have used Pocket PC Phones, Treos, and Blackberries. (I even had a Sidekick for a few weeks.) In my opinion, nothing beats a Blackberry for text-based services such as email and instant messaging. Pocket PCs, on the other hand, are better for graphics and other multimedia applications.

Another feature to consider is the device's screen. Any touchscreen device (like a Pocket PC or Treo,) is more delicate than a non-touchscreen like the 'berry. If you use your device for voice (without a headset,) touch screens are a downside.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

CLLCLL no está en línea Stack level 1

I have both, and for me the Blackberry is hands down the better rmail device, and is much more stable and user friendly, not to mention battery life. The Pocket PC is better for applications and file storage, but unless you're pretty "tech-savvy" they are painful. They require constant resets, and are frustrating for most end-users.I have a whole drawer full of iPAQs and Axims that were turned in by execs that were fed up with them. They are all using Blackberries now.

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

I love my BBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had the Motorola A630, Sidekick II and the T-mobile MDA.....and now my first BlackBerry and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cannot wait to get my hands on the Pearl though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deucedst

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d

I would whole heartedly agree with CLLCLL .I have palms a Vario2 and my bb8700.Now whilst the vario 2 ppc does more has a camera plays videos sings dances and makes your dinner it also crashes more than a dodgem car.And believe me when someone wants to makw an appointment and you whip out your ppc turn it on and go to enter the appointment and it crashes you dont have feel a plonker

Just my 2 cents

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Cliff's Notes...

In email capabilities Blackberry>PPC
    In 3rd party apps PPC>Blackberry (more on the way for Blackberry tho)
    In Multimedia PPC>Blackberry (but this is going to change)
    In overall usage Blackberry>PPC

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I don't have crash problems with my PPC. I use it every day too.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Stability is a top priority for me. I can't stand having a smartphone that freezes or crashes on me. In my experience, WM devices and Treos are way too flakey. Of course, there are people like bcuzi8paintchips who dont' have any problems...