Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

By BusinessWeek Consider it a battle less for hearts and minds than for thumbs and ... General Blackberry forum

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

BlackBerry vs. iPhone: Who wins?

Advertisement

By BusinessWeek

Consider it a battle less for hearts and minds than for thumbs and ears. That's what may ensue between Apple (AAPL, news, msgs) and Research In Motion (RIMM, news, msgs), judging from recent Wall Street analyses and the performance of the companies' shares and marquee products.

Apple is expected to sell 10 million iPhones by the end of 2008. Meanwhile, Research In Motion has 12 million subscribers, and its iconic BlackBerry is selling at a clip of about 4 million units a quarter.

Shares in Apple have been trading near a record $200, while Research In Motion reached a split-adjusted record of $137 a share in November.

Source: [Read More]

barbasol no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24328B8C

Re: BlackBerry vs. iPhone: Who wins?

Tough call. I have a Curve but I will buy an iPhone too. The debate rages on!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Interesting but much discussed already on these forums and BB always wins the debate hands down.
    This is back before the IPhone was even released:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ting_poll.html

<<----------That or some other BB model is what I'll always be staying with...always
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

blackberry wins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

well first off this is a black berry forum so of course bb .....and even if it wasn't i would still say bb,

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    For me, BB is a winner.I recently got an iphone which I found too fragile. BB is durable and very, very functional(I.e. 3rd party apps).

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

BB will always win! Blackberry addiction is a way of life. Iphone is just an overated AD Campaign. Cheers to everyone!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

tamaraa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E48602

I actually just purchased an Iphone to play with and I am seriously considering keeping it for a while. I want to keep my BB for email and messenger stuff but other than that the iphone has me sold!!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I love my blackberry but the IPhone has won. I didn't see people waiting out side shops when the new blackberry came out. And you have to remember that apple also get a large share of the revenue from the phone so they are making on the double.

Apple have come in and taken over the domestic market which if RIM where awake they should have had a very large chunk of by now. RIM are just too slow with multimedia. We are still waiting for video recording. Even the cheapest phone comes with that. They need to up their game if they want to compete.

And it kills me to admit this. And I have no interest in getting a Idiot Phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

blackberry...hands down.......stability is the key for me

gameoverceo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c1af5e

If "cool factor" is more important than reliability, then the Iphone wins. I need my smart phone to always work when i need it to so im a Crackberry fan. Hands Down.
    Mr.Pierre

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have to admit I'm considering going to another handset with WM, and I like Macs, but I still wouldn't actually pay for an iphone.

I would return it for the cash if I was given one as a gift come to think of it.

There just doesn't seem to be any room to upgrade the device, no removable battery (even the cheapest phones have that too!!) or expandable memory. In fact it really sees like it's just another Ipod but for the fact that it makes phone calls.

I'm a gadget guy but I like to have the functionality.There's no point in a shiny new gadget if it's completely useless.

coryisontour no está en línea Stack level 1

I just switched from an iPhone to a bb 8310. After having the iphone for about 5 months I missed having an actual keyboard. There were a lot of things on the iphone that just didn't work the way they advertised. The google maps didn't work properly and the lack of gps locating was a big deal. The "push" email never worked properly... EVER. Also the face that it's not a 3g phone is a low point. I know that the 8310 isn't 3g either...Although, the browser isn't a FULL browser so it still loads faster. Also the lack of support for 3rd party applications was a pain. Thats coming from a total mac fanboy typing this up on my macbook ha.

agentofdarkness no está en línea Stack level 1

The only thing I like about the iPhone is the internet browser. The Safari on the iPhone is much better than the browser on my BB 8830. You can put any web page into the iPhone browser and it shows up exactly like it would on a PC. The zoom feature is pretty nice as well. With that being said, I would not want to type up emails on an iPhone. The touch keyboard is useless. The internet on the BB is much faster than the iPhone. Typing is much much better on the BB. If the iPhone was available for Sprint, I would consider it. I don't really need email that much but having access to a good internet browser at any time is a big deal, which is the only reason why I like the iPhone.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

I read some time last year about head-to-head comparison between BB and iPhone plus one more (forgot what it was). The result: in general BB won, especially in transferring media files to and from your BB. So I guess, BB takes the stage. Nevertheless, I like iPhone but for communication tool, BB is what i need the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast