The competition between the iPhone and the BlackBerry in the corporate smartphone space is starting ... General Blackberry forum

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question BlackBerry vs iPhone: Business Users More Happy With the iPhone??

Advertisement

The competition between the iPhone and the BlackBerry in the corporate smartphone space is starting to heat up, and it's hard to find a tech news site that doesn't have some sort of iPhone vs. BlackBerry story today. The iPhone software development kit is expected tomorrow, which will open up the iPhone OS so external developers can build their own applications--business-specific or otherwise--making the device even more valuable to both business users and consumers.

There's also been speculation that Apple will announce some sort of Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes support, which will make the iPhone more attractive to businesses, as well.

However, one of the most telling signs that the iPhone has real potential as a business device is the fact that some iPhone business users seem to be more satisfied with their devices than BlackBerry users.

Do any of you BlackBerry users also have an iPhone? Is your BlackBerry for work and iPhone for play? Would or could you see using your iPhone as both a personal and work phone? Why or why not?

Thanks.

AZA

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone: Business Users More Happy With the iPhone??

Yes I have both. The iPhone right now is my multimedia device, videos, music(because of the iPod built in)and has an outstanding internet browser. However the email and text imput method for the iPhone is considerably slower for me. The touch screen keypad is not to my liking. The BB is my choice for work. The keyboard and text input method is user friendly. My choice for business hands down. The only drawback is no HTML support, at least there 3rd party apps available for that. If the iPhone is opened up to 3rd party it might be interesting.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: BlackBerry vs iPhone: Business Users More Happy With the iPhone??

At the risk of sounding fanboi-ish about BB, my initial reaction about the "satisfaction" survey is mixed.

I'm not entirely surprised that more respondents indicated they were satisified with the iPhone than RIM devices.

iPhones are still new to the marketplace, and particularly in business settings.

Many business users, (like my company, for example) still have multiple users with 7105s or 8700s. They are not happy with those devices just because they're older and not as nice as the iphones or Curves/8800s out there. That by itself could be enough of a factor. Not sure if its 8 points worth of drop, as the article indicates.

I'm sure the iPhone has put pressure on RIM. You don't go from nothing to 5% marketshare in corporate sales, 27% (I hope that number is right, been a while since I saw those numbers) in consumer sales in less than a year and not have your competition notice.

I look forward to seeing how RIM responds to the challenge.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.