Hi, can anyone explain to me the differences between a bb device and a ppc ... General Blackberry forum

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Blackberry vs Blackberry Connect

Advertisement

Hi, can anyone explain to me the differences between a bb device and a ppc with bb connect?I made an enquiry from my carrier and they said bb connect is a little slower than using the actual bb device. So how true is it?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Blackberry vs Blackberry Connect

BB Connect is email only -- nothing else. No PIN messaging, no BBM, no BES wireless sync, no device mangement, etc etc. Not to mention that you give up the stability and reliability of the BB OS.

tahikib no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there anyway that you can have the Wireless Sync without bluetooth or the BES Server? Maybe a server or something on your PC?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by tahikib
    Is there anyway that you can have the Wireless Sync without bluetooth or the BES Server? Maybe a server or something on your PC?
    Not that I am aware. Bluetooth on msot BBs is data only, but I think OS 4.2 changes that to some extent. But true wireless/OTA sync for contacts and calendar is only available via BES or a hosted BES solution.

tahikib no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Not that I am aware. Bluetooth on msot BBs is data only, but I think OS 4.2 changes that to some extent. But true wireless/OTA sync for contacts and calendar is only available via BES or a hosted BES solution.
    So can anyone get a BES solution? For a personal computer? Right now I am using BIS and just a datasync.

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    I misspoke. BT on most BBs is voice only. Sorry.

PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by tahikib
    So can anyone get a BES solution? For a personal computer? Right now I am using BIS and just a datasync.
    You can get a hosted BES from someone like mailstreet or exchangemymail for a fee over and above your current BB plan.

For me BIS is good enough right now.