Noob here. I've looked all over for the answer so I apologize in advance if ... General Blackberry forum

3way no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry video: audio out of sync

Advertisement

Noob here. I've looked all over for the answer so I apologize in advance if its buried in here somewhere.

I've got a blackberry curve 8310 with a 4gb card and I'm trying to load some movies. I've used realplayer and blackberry video converter for some short youtube vids and I've also tried dvd43 and handbrake for full movies and the audio is always out of sync.

In handbrake I think I use the low res ipod settings and change the output to mp4. What am I missing here?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Video and audio out of sync doesn't need a Blackberry to exist. It's a fairly common problem on Youtube, home videos, copied movies, etc. etc. I don't have an answer for you but, if you figure out how to correct, I'd sure like to be in on the answer.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    You are saying that the audio is out of sync when you preview it on the PC before you put it on the BB right? (ie. eliminating the media player on your device from the problem).
    I've used handbrake a few times - seems to do an amazing job. (haven't had sync issues). I used H264 and AAC for the codecs.

I didn't know that the other format, h264, was supported. And I have not narrowed it down to the file or the berry yet. Is there a program that plays mp4? Pc said unsupported. Thx

Yep, you just have to get the codecs installed on your PC, that's all. Good resources for all thing ripping is doom9 - http://www.doom9.org/

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I'd try loading videolan vlc on your computer then play the file. The program uses its own codecs so you don't have to mess with codec packs.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

downloaded the videolan vlc, nifty little program. The audio is fine in the player. That means that its the berry. I'm swapping my silver one out for the red sexiness one this week so I'll put the file on there and see if the same issue crops up.

could the quality be to high for the processor? Should I put everything on super low settings and try again?

Could be the bitrate's too high (you can play with this a bit). Some codecs will also play better than others.