This is classic I know myself I suffer from Berry addiction.....just ask my wife We’re ... General Blackberry forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

BlackBerry user 12-step program now available

Advertisement

This is classic

I know myself I suffer from Berry addiction.....just ask my wife

We’re always talking about connectivity and how it really is necessary to leave the BlackBerry stagnant for a bit. There’s someone out there who vehemently agrees, and has gone so far to produce a 12-step program to getting over email addiction.
    That someone in question is Marsha Egan, an executive coach in Pennsylvania who’s devised a plan to teach people how to manage the electronic tool. I’m excited to note that I’ll be having an electronic sit-down with Ms. Egan in the next couple of days to talk to her about the dozen steps. The interview should be posted by the end of the week.
    The first of Egan’s 12 steps is “admit that e-mail is managing you. Let go of your need to check e-mail every 10 minutes.”
    Other steps include “commit to keeping your inbox empty,” “establish regular times to review your e-mail” and “deal immediately with any e-mail that can be handled in two minutes or less but create a file for mails that will take longer.”
    Egan says she hosts no 12-step meetings but is planning a monthly teleconference for “e-mailers anonymous.”
    On average, workers who receive an e-mail take four minutes to read it and recover from the interruption before they can resume working productively, Egan said.
    She also recommends checking e-mails not more than three or four times a day.
    Some employees resist the lure of e-mail during the regular workday, only to find themselves putting in extra hours at home to clear the backlog, she said. One of Egan’s clients said he had 3,600 e-mails in his inbox.

Do you sleep with your BlackBerry? Do you bring your computer on vacation? Can you not go an hour without checking your e-mail? Well, you may be addicted to e-mail. Don't worry -- you're not alone. And now there's a 12-step program that could just cure you. Marsha Egan, an email productivity expert and CEO of Egan Email Solutions, has these tips, courtesy of Reuters:

1. Admit that e-mail is managing you. Let go of your need to check e-mail every ten minutes.
    2. Commit to keeping your inbox empty.
    3. Create files where you can put inbox material that needs to be acted on.
    4. Make broad headings for your filing system so that you have to spend less time looking for filed material.
    5. Deal immediately with any e-mail that can be handled in two minutes or less; create a file for mails that take longer.
    6. Set a target date to empty your in box. Don't spend more than an hour at a time doing it.
    7. Turn off automatic send/receive.
    8. Establish regular times to review your e-mail.
    9. Involve others in conquering your addiction.
    10. Reduce the amount of e-mail you receive.
    11. Save time by using only one subject per e-mail; delete extra comments from forwarded e-mail, and make the subject line detailed.
    12. start back at #1
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    3600 emails! Wow that's just insane. I couldn't imagine that many emails in my inbox. I don't think I've received half that in my entire life.
    I think someone should come up with a 12 step program for pinstack addiction so I can finnaly get some work done.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^This is too funny!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!