Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I Love this site. My boss accidentaly set up his BES on my phone and ... General Blackberry forum

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685

Re: Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help

Advertisement

I Love this site. My boss accidentaly set up his BES on my phone and stuck me with the IT policy... thanks to you all... I'm a BB user for life now....

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685

Just wanted to ask though, did anyone figure out a solution for the firewall restriction that sets up after removing the password??

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Does anyone know if this will work on something old as in a former att/suncom BB 7210? And if not, AC INKA can you unlock one that old-if so pppplease PM me!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

deggie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2031461C

Thumbs up Re: Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help

You guys are the best! I was getting so annoyed having to enter my password every 2 minutes. I downloaded the policy.bin file followed the steps and walla....I was now able to disable the password! Thank you so much!

Vera

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    Unlocking the phone

Recently i purchased several blackberry models a 5810, 6710 and 7280 all which were AT&T devices and i am currently using the 7280. My service is currently with cingular and i thought i might give some of my expereinces with the and how i got around the issues named in the thread title. Also please reply on this thread your successes with these issues. Now most of this info i found in other sources but i thought it would nice to put it in one place. Now, All three phones were locked with subsidy codes and i was able to get the code for the 5810 from cingular since it was an older device but be warned the newer the device the harder it is to get help from cingular and you may have to request the unlock several times. For the others i went to a site called cellularlocksmith.com and purchased the software for 21.50. The owner of the site sent me a progam and a user name a password for the progam. His is the cheepest price and he accepts paypal. Inceidentally these unlock programs only work with a usb cable, not a serial cable or a serial cable with a usb to serial adapter attached. if you download the program, first uninstall your blackberry desktop software and restart and allow the computer to pick up the blackberry as a new device. Windows will install a default driver and allow the unlock program to connect to it and within seconds it will give you the unlock code guaranteed. it worked for me on both the 6710 and 7280. If you purched a 7280 or any blackberry from the internet and it has an IT policy on it please read below to remove it or unlocking it while leaving the policy intact.

IT Policies

Unlocking while leaving the IT Policy Intact
    The 7280 i recieved from ebay had one on it which forced the unit to use a password to lock the device and it couldn't be disabled or the times changed for when it automatically locked the handheld. Alsoit came with the device locked and they didn't tell me what the password was. To solve this and unlock the phone basically wipe the handheld by entering the wrong password 10 times and it will diplay a count such as 1/10 etc etc and it will ask you several times to enter the word blackberry before it asks for the password. after entering the wrong password 10 times the handheld will wipe itself and ask for a new password. At this point do not do anything. Start the unlocking program from the link above and it will go into the phone and give you the unlock code. Write it down and then enter a password of your choice and then proceed to the options menu and select SIM Card from the list. Type on the handhelds key pad MEPD and a list of extra functions will appear. Next type on the hadhelds keypad MEP then press and hold the ALT key and press 2 key and the MEP key entry window will appear. enter the code will holding the ALT key to type in all number because it is a 16 digit NUMBER Sequence it is looking for and then press the enter key. If your phone has an IT Policy it may not give you a responce saying that the code was accpeted. The phone will restart itself and you will be in business.

Removing an IT Policy

Since my phone had one on it i wanted to remove it and here is how. now if you did the unlocking procedure and you removed the blackberry desktop software, please reinstall it and restart the computer before continuing. The first thing you need to do is download a file called POLICY.BIN , simply copy this text into address box of your browser to download it

voicecareaustralia.com.au/dumpster/blackberry/files/policy.bin

if the link is somehow broken let me know and i can e-mail it to you or you can check out the owners site which is at the bottem of this thread. Now when the download box appears it needs to be saved and left the (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry) on your hard drive. Next you need to hit the start button and goto the run option in the start menu and type in REGEDIT and it the enter key. when the registry editor opens go to directory HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager only click the plus sign by the required to get the the correct one. The next step is to Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data. When the box appears copy this text C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin and paste it in the required spot and save it and close the registry and sync your device and it will remove the IT Policy. As mentioned before all of this is a direct quote and can be found at

blackberry.ig3.net/.

giving props to it's owner it is a cool site but it was hard to find

tsolly no está en línea Stack level 1

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much for the info.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

cmccrary10 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21B2714B

this worked like a charm. thank you very much. i had a very important customer with an unlocked 8700r from Rogers that we couldnt turn off the automatic lock.
    http://www.chancedizzle.com

blackberry 8700/8800/8300 wallpapers and hip hop ringtones - http://www.chancedizzle.com/phone

david_troupe no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help

Have a 7510 that had a large password requirement and password requirement was locked, could not disable it. Followed the instructions above including regedit and it worked just fine. I was able to create a short password and then disable the password requirement. Thanks a bunch.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

where can I look for IT policy enabled?? I have my firewall locked, but do not see anything other than that...any help would be appreciated.
    Michael

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mikadad View Post
    where can I look for IT policy enabled?? I have my firewall locked, but do not see anything other than that...any help would be appreciated.
    Options/Advanced Options/Sim Card - Type mepd - It should say Corporate Disabled.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

michsaab no está en línea Stack level 1

Did a hard wipe by putting in password wrong ten times from the applicaiton loader prompt. Then re-installed the os with the Policy.bin file listed here.

It removed the IT Policy with no problems. But I still can't remove the 'lock' on the password enabled as in I have the lock icon to the left of the words 'Enabled'. Also have the same problem with the Firewall being locked.

Any ideas?

I have a Curve 8310

thansk

An update. First time doing the wipe removed the IT Policy but not the Password and Firewall lock. Second time doing the Wipe removed the IT Policy and the Firewall Password

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by michsaab View Post
    An update. First time doing the wipe removed the IT Policy but not the Password and Firewall lock. Second time doing the Wipe removed the IT Policy and the Firewall Password
    I am having the same problem, please tell me what you mean by first wipe and second wipe?? Maybe write a step by step guide of what YOU did

PIN/ID

well i tried it over and over again, it is still requring a password and the firewall is still locked. I don't know what else to do.

the steps I took was to

1. set up the procedure stated here where you point to the new Policy.bin file you download

2. make sure the install of the desktop manager is not one for BES

3. bring up the application loader, when it ask for your password enter it wrong ten times. That will force a hard wipe. then reinstall the os. The IT policy should be removed but the locked PW and firewall may still be there.

4. Bring up the applicaiton loader and do the ten password change again. Wipe the device again. then re-install the os again. (there was a day or two inbetween 3 and 4 for me, but that's because I just decided to try it again)

From there both the IT policy and the PW locks should be removedl

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast