Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unlocking the phone Recently i purchased several blackberry models a 5810, 6710 and 7280 all ... General Blackberry forum

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Lightbulb Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help

Advertisement

Unlocking the phone

Recently i purchased several blackberry models a 5810, 6710 and 7280 all which were AT&T devices and i am currently using the 7280. My service is currently with cingular and i thought i might give some of my expereinces with the and how i got around the issues named in the thread title. Also please reply on this thread your successes with these issues. Now most of this info i found in other sources but i thought it would nice to put it in one place. Now, All three phones were locked with subsidy codes and i was able to get the code for the 5810 from cingular since it was an older device but be warned the newer the device the harder it is to get help from cingular and you may have to request the unlock several times. For the others i went to a site called cellularlocksmith.com and purchased the software for 21.50. The owner of the site sent me a progam and a user name a password for the progam. His is the cheepest price and he accepts paypal. Inceidentally these unlock programs only work with a usb cable, not a serial cable or a serial cable with a usb to serial adapter attached. if you download the program, first uninstall your blackberry desktop software and restart and allow the computer to pick up the blackberry as a new device. Windows will install a default driver and allow the unlock program to connect to it and within seconds it will give you the unlock code guaranteed. it worked for me on both the 6710 and 7280. If you purched a 7280 or any blackberry from the internet and it has an IT policy on it please read below to remove it or unlocking it while leaving the policy intact.

IT Policies

Unlocking while leaving the IT Policy Intact
    The 7280 i recieved from ebay had one on it which forced the unit to use a password to lock the device and it couldn't be disabled or the times changed for when it automatically locked the handheld. Alsoit came with the device locked and they didn't tell me what the password was. To solve this and unlock the phone basically wipe the handheld by entering the wrong password 10 times and it will diplay a count such as 1/10 etc etc and it will ask you several times to enter the word blackberry before it asks for the password. after entering the wrong password 10 times the handheld will wipe itself and ask for a new password. At this point do not do anything. Start the unlocking program from the link above and it will go into the phone and give you the unlock code. Write it down and then enter a password of your choice and then proceed to the options menu and select SIM Card from the list. Type on the handhelds key pad MEPD and a list of extra functions will appear. Next type on the hadhelds keypad MEP then press and hold the ALT key and press 2 key and the MEP key entry window will appear. enter the code will holding the ALT key to type in all number because it is a 16 digit NUMBER Sequence it is looking for and then press the enter key. If your phone has an IT Policy it may not give you a responce saying that the code was accpeted. The phone will restart itself and you will be in business.

Removing an IT Policy

Since my phone had one on it i wanted to remove it and here is how. now if you did the unlocking procedure and you removed the blackberry desktop software, please reinstall it and restart the computer before continuing. The first thing you need to do is download a file called POLICY.BIN , simply copy this text into address box of your browser to download it

voicecareaustralia.com.au/dumpster/blackberry/files/policy.bin

if the link is somehow broken let me know and i can e-mail it to you or you can check out the owners site which is at the bottem of this thread. Now when the download box appears it needs to be saved and left the (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry) on your hard drive. Next you need to hit the start button and goto the run option in the start menu and type in REGEDIT and it the enter key. when the registry editor opens go to directory HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager only click the plus sign by the required to get the the correct one. The next step is to Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data. When the box appears copy this text C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin and paste it in the required spot and save it and close the registry and sync your device and it will remove the IT Policy. As mentioned before all of this is a direct quote and can be found at

blackberry.ig3.net/.

giving props to it's owner it is a cool site but it was hard to find
    Last edited by jhowle; 10-10-2006 at 12:40 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

mrniko no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help

yeah this helps alot of people

lloudal no está en línea Stack level 1

well i hate to be that guy but this just reset my bb. i imagine i did it correctly, followed every step to a T. it was asking me for my new key store psword, then i created one, then when re-entering it every time i did it the same and every time it came up incorrect. just out of curiosity would this have helped my problem of an invalid digital signature when it comes to installing anything through desktop manager.....mind you im up to date with 4.1 and have read most other posts for troubleshooting tips

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

yeah the above step reset phone to factory default and as far as the keystore goes it is being forced by an IT policy. in factory mode it isn't required but unfortunately an IT policy can't be removed by just reloading software..lol

enigmahack no está en línea Stack level 1

Just so you're aware, it DOES work - you have to go into your options, and then security - that's where you can disallow the password. You have to know what it is, but it'll allow you to turn it off because the IT policy was "overriden"

I just did it and I'm using 4.2 software, on a BB 7280r

PIN/ID
    3115EE05

If You Have An It Policy It May Be Set So It Has To Have A Password And May Not Let You Remove It. The 7280 I Had Bought Off Ebay Had One It This Was The Case With It Also, Os 4.2 Will Not Be Made For Any Device Older Than 8700 Series And Also Some Of The 7100 Series That Have The 64mb Memory. Os 4.2 Will Not Run On Anything Less Than 64 Mb Of Ram

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

enigmahack, Welcome to PinStack.

Are you sure that's the HandHeld OS version and not the Desktop Manager software version. OS 4.2 takes up a lot more memory than your 7280 even has.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

suvromon no está en línea Stack level 1
    i cannot find the link above first time in here please help

LLPRODENT no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b2227d
    voicecareaustralia.com.au/dumpster/blackberry/files/policy.bin
    IF U JUS GOT A NEW SPRINT/NEXTEL
    ACCOUNT AND WANT A 25$$
    VISA PM ME OR PIN ME
    A.S.A.P SOON
    FOR REALZ

LLPRODENT no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b2227d
    it worked for me but i dont no what it does haha
    IF U JUS GOT A NEW SPRINT/NEXTEL
    ACCOUNT AND WANT A 25$$
    VISA PM ME OR PIN ME
    A.S.A.P SOON
    FOR REALZ

bigyankee1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    "Start the unlocking program from the link above and it will go into the phone and give you the unlock code."
    Where is the link for unlocking program?

pratt70 no está en línea Stack level 1

where did you find the 16 digit number

aarons6 no está en línea Stack level 1

this policy.bin file locked my firewall on enable.. any way to fix that?

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374

and i asking the same there is any way to do it
    and also i think its related to the fact thet any time i open or close the phone i get serching security ....
    there is anyone how know how to disable it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast