We will be upgrading our phone system to include Unified messaging. I know our engineers ... General Blackberry forum

jilltre no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry / Unified Messaging Confusion

Advertisement

We will be upgrading our phone system to include Unified messaging. I know our engineers will want to be able to listen to their Voice Mail via their email on their Blackberrys. In my research I'm finding that the following devices can listen to a .wav attachment if they have the device software 4.2 installed:

What I'm confused about is how do I find the 4.2 device software upgrade, how do I get it installed... the search on RIM's site was so frustrating I gave up... I called Verizon Wireless and they said that the 7130 and the 8703 cannot be upgraded... so, now I'm really confused... Most of our engineers are using 7250's, and we need to upgrade phones, but I don't want to upgrade them to phones that won't work with .wav files.... anyone got a straight answer for me?

Thanks!

Jill

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Blackberry / Unified Messaging Confusion

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The 8830 comes with 4.2 on it. They have not released 4.2 for any older devices and it is unknown as to whether they even will.

I don't know what kind of phone system you have, but we have a Toshiba system and you have to have a codec to play the wav because it is encrypted. I haven't found a way to the codec onto the Blackberry yet.

jilltre no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry / Unified Messaging Confusion

Thanks for the information, that's what I was fearing ... our system will be 3Com's VOIP... I'll do some research on how the wav file is played....

Jill