so im trying to prove that my friends Iphone isn't always going to the shiznit. ... General Blackberry forum

fifthgearvtec7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405BEF2

Blackberry touch screen

Advertisement

so im trying to prove that my friends Iphone isn't always going to the shiznit. Im waiting patiently for RIM to come out with this new device that is suppose to be comparible maybe even better than the Apple Iphone.

Does anyone know a real day of when the Touch screen Blackberry will be released in the States? Im honestly planning on buying one?

Thanks
    Sex should be like a riced out Civic, slow, loud, and banging on all four walls.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

PIN/ID
    2405BEF2
    Please tell me your joking. I was told it was going to be the first quarter of 2008. Thats what I read a little while ago. They were actually trying to get it out last year. But they are trying to make it better than the Iphone.
    Last edited by fifthgearvtec7; 03-20-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    Sex should be like a riced out Civic, slow, loud, and banging on all four walls.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    THAT SOON??!!?? WOW, all the articles and forum posts and threads I have found while SEARCHING this subject on the forums said something different.
    lolz
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 03-20-2008 at 01:56 PM.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

PIN/ID
    2405BEF2
    RIM to launch iPhone-fighting BlackBerry 9000/9xxx early next year

Posted by Will on Wednesday, November 21st, 2007 at 2:26 pm under Rumors, RIM, iPhone, Devices
    Tagged: 9000, 9xxx, apple, iphone, rim and touchscreen

Wait a tick. Didn't RIM CEO recently bash on the Apple iPhone's touch-sensitive, virtual keyboard "that’s a real challenge" to use? Well, he did. But that doesn't mean this latest speculation is any less true. Rumblings from the rumor mill have indicated that RIM is preparing the 9000-series smartphone to give the iPhone a run for its touchscreen-money. Development of the new 9000-series platform will see new hardware and mobile OS (software) coming out of RIM's R&D labs.
    According to Carmi Levy, an analyst at AR Communications Inc., the RIM BlackBerry 9000-series will be "the future of the BlackBerry franchise" - a stark contrast to the company's traditionally business-oriented roots. "The 9000 is supposed to be a touch-screen device, very similar in form factor to the iPhone," Levy says. "Which means that it is not an enterprise-friendly device."
    RIM's been branching out into the consumer-market with the recent BlackBerry Curve and Pearl handsets, and it looks like RIM is going to go full-out and take on the iPhone with a media-savvy, touch-based handset of their very own. The 9000-series BlackBerry will reportedly feature a full-face touchscreen and upgraded audio and video playback capabilities to supplement the iconic BlackBerry push-email feature. We're also expecting US-friendly 3G frequency support and 600Mhz processor to power all those media-intense features.
    As we expected and mentioned previously, Levy believes that RIM will be launching the 9000-series BlackBerry in Q1 2008. The rest of RIM's BlackBerry lineup will still see updates (like the 3G EVDO Pearl that recently hit CDMA carriers in the US), and a RIM VP stated that the company will be releasing 4 or 5 new smartphones for 2008. We can't wait to see what RIM's answer to the iPhone will look like. No, check that. We know what it will probably look like (there are only so many ways to implement a full-face touchscreen), we can't wait to see how it actually works. It had better use a capacitance touchscreen if it plans to take on the iPhone. Balda, anyone?

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    *starts a slow clap* Searching is fundamental
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is all over the internet but it's always under rumors or concepts. I don't think RIM is going to go that route anytime soon.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I wouldnt mind all the media features as far as touch screen only. To navigate the menus but i still love the full querty on my 8310 is awesome

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    If they combine the slider patent (with the full keyboard and landscape mode) with touchscreen and 3G, I am IN!!!!

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3
    a Touch-Slider is going be announced on WES 2008. Check BGR for patent drawing. No pictures are public yet.