I'm just wondering if there's any other programs besides Microsoft Outlook that I can sync ... General Blackberry forum

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Blackberry sync options

Advertisement

I'm just wondering if there's any other programs besides Microsoft Outlook that I can sync my Blackberry with. What do you guys use?

Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use MS Outlook but there are some other choices. If you connect to a p-c (desktop manager) and configure sync for calendar, contacts, etc. it will show you the other options you have. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    215C1928
    Thanks. I tried to sync with both outlook and yahoo. But it didn't work. I think there might be something wrong with my phone.

Sim, Just to be sure, did you do the initial setup and specify Outlook and the configuration of the things you wanted to sync. If so, you may be right about something wrong with your phone or the OS you're using. Syncing should be fairly simple - have to done it before on a previous phone so that you're familiar with the set up?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    215C1928
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Sim, Just to be sure, did you do the initial setup and specify Outlook and the configuration of the things you wanted to sync. If so, you may be right about something wrong with your phone or the OS you're using. Syncing should be fairly simple - have to done it before on a previous phone so that you're familiar with the set up?
    Yea, I have done it before with the same bb and the same computer. Except the fact that last week I spilled water all over my bb. Now it turns off randomly and won't sync. So I'm pretty sure the phone itself is messed up. Thank you so much for the help.

What do you suggest I should do in this case? I did a backup and saved the .ipd file. Can I just load this file when I get a new bb?

First, if you have both devices, I would try the device switch wizard in desktop mgr. If that doesn't work then I would try to restore your backup file. Good luck.