I need to do screen shots of Blackberry devices with a web page loaded (loading ... General Blackberry forum

dddane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CF6F84

Blackberry Simulator - browser not loading pages

Advertisement

I need to do screen shots of Blackberry devices with a web page loaded (loading our web page to show advertisers certain features, etc).

I don't need to do any internal application development or applications to function w/ the BES, so I didn't download MDS as well... on RIM's site they have a choice between downloading the Simulator, and a Simlutor with MDS and a few other options..

With the simulator alone I can't get the browser to load anything. it never gives an error it just sits there "requesting" ... I thought maybe it was a firewall issue but I now installed it at home and have the same result.

If I want just the browser to work, what is the simplest solution to do so? I'm hoping to give a few "end users" this capability and already find it annoying to have to install this on their machines knowing that updates will frequently come out.

Do I *need* MDS and all that? (Also if I do that, does that require activating the simulator on the BES? i was really hoping not to do that...) ...Or is there some configuration with the stand-alone simulator I'm missing?

Danke

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry Simulator - browser not loading pages

Just launch the MDS tool, then start the simulator. That is all that's needed.

Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

Quote Originally Posted by dddane
    I need to do screen shots of Blackberry devices with a web page loaded (loading our web page to show advertisers certain features, etc).

I don't need to do any internal application development or applications to function w/ the BES, so I didn't download MDS as well... on RIM's site they have a choice between downloading the Simulator, and a Simlutor with MDS and a few other options..

With the simulator alone I can't get the browser to load anything. it never gives an error it just sits there "requesting" ... I thought maybe it was a firewall issue but I now installed it at home and have the same result.

If I want just the browser to work, what is the simplest solution to do so? I'm hoping to give a few "end users" this capability and already find it annoying to have to install this on their machines knowing that updates will frequently come out.

Do I *need* MDS and all that? (Also if I do that, does that require activating the simulator on the BES? i was really hoping not to do that...) ...Or is there some configuration with the stand-alone simulator I'm missing?

Danke
    In my experience, in order to connect to the internet and do downloads with the simulator you need MDS running. Seems to be true with the simulator that comes bundled with JDE and the "stand-alone" simulator.

dddane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CF6F84

yup i guess you do need to download the MDS/e-mail stuff, as well as the Java J2E stuff.

on the bright side of things it didn't require any BES activation as far as I can tell... it seems to just work once these 3 things are installed. pretty well actually.