Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Emirates airlines has started permitting mobile calls on international flights, and says Data & Blackberry ... General Blackberry forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Blackberry service on Flights!

Advertisement

Emirates airlines has started permitting mobile calls on international flights, and says Data & Blackberry service will be available soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7308041.stm

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    This is good news. Hopefully other airlines will follow suit. There are a lot of people travelling and most can spend their time answering email or checking messages. Or people like me who needs the BB going all the time or else I will be going through withdrawals on a long flight.

flights will definitely go by a lot quicker....I am not a big fan of people using their phones on the plane, but having data access will be great.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    No. Just.. no. I mean it would be GREAT for banging out some emails and getting work done, but think of the repercussions.

How many people are going to be yapping on their phones all around you? How long can you stand that on a 14 hour flight before you go crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    No. Just.. no. I mean it would be GREAT for banging out some emails and getting work done, but think of the repercussions.

How many people are going to be yapping on their phones all around you? How long can you stand that on a 14 hour flight before you go crazy?

I agree, but apparently they will be controlling access and at least it will turned off during ''sleep'' time, when they dim the lights.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea i think they are going to use a closed circuit frequency for mobile devices only so that it wont interfere with the onboard aviation systems

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    I wouldn't mind data access but I agree with ssnxp, if I have to listen to someone behind me talk on the phone for an entire flight, I might not be invited on the plane again.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    I wouldn't mind data access but I agree with ssnxp, if I have to listen to someone behind me talk on the phone for an entire flight, I might not be invited on the plane again.

yea but its no different then those flights where a baby wont stop crying, or someones kids are being crazy etc. i am sure there will noise restrictions but who knows

That's true Virex, but now MORE babies will be crying and more kids will be cranky because they can't sleep.. Because someone behind them is running their mouth like a loudspeaker.

But IF they do limit it, or have restrictions on it.. it MIGHT work. People sleep at different times. Some people like to sleep a whole flight.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i am trying to think how they could limit it. hmmmm maybe it will just have to be a courtesy thing. who knows

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ they could enforce a silence policy, making it data and text only. That's something the vast majority could live with I think.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    they could enforce a silence policy, making it data and text only. That's something the vast majority could live with I think.
    actually that seems very logical.

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post

ugh.. that would be a nightmare!
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its a dam* shame that everyone is so dependant on cell phones and emails and devices that provide it. I hate all of it. I fly a lot and I'm more than happy to disconnect. Most people don't know how to function without it now.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by saukrateaz View Post
    Its a dam* shame that everyone is so dependant on cell phones and emails and devices that provide it. I hate all of it. I fly a lot and I'm more than happy to disconnect. Most people don't know how to function without it now.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It's pretty much a disorder now, known as "Disconnection Anxiety." I can definitely relate, as I always carry 2 phones. It's not a problem when, say, I'm flying from place to place, but if I leave my house without a phone.. I always turn around and pick one up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast