ok i lost my 8300 which i use for work. problem is. i have very ... General Blackberry forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

blackberry security question.. need help

Advertisement

ok i lost my 8300 which i use for work. problem is. i have very personal emails, documents, notes, passwords, etc. now i know the phone was locked. with a password. now my question is. is there anyway for someone to hard reset this thing and get my info? or is it easy to get around a password? im very worried about this. any info will help.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: blackberry security question.. need help

your information is safe unless the person who found your bb is a hacker that can figure out your password in ten tries or less

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yep. 11th try wipes it all clean for you. Since it was a work device, if you're on BES, if you report it stolen, can't a BES admin do a remote wipe from the server?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Make sure you report it to your carrier. You are liable for all charges up until you report it stolen. Not like a credit card where you are only liable for the first $50.

Once you tell the carrier, they can suspend your account and stop the phone from being used.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    your information is safe unless the person who found your bb is a hacker that can figure out your password in ten tries or less

...and it takes more than a hacker on that side -- it also takes poor choices on this side, for example, choosing password = "blackberry" :cry::cry: