Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a defective blackberry curve 8310. Its not syncing to the pc. A am ... General Blackberry forum

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry repair.

Advertisement

I have a defective blackberry curve 8310. Its not syncing to the pc. A am sure its a problem with the phone and not software.all I want is to upgrade to OS 4.5. My question is, does anyone repair blackberries? Does RIM ? I think the usb/charger input needs replaced. I don't want to pay retail price for a new phone. Would rather pay to get it fixed.
    Thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    bbrepairshop.com

or

if you are brave enough to do it yourself
    www.cnn.cn sells the usb port

what issues are you having to make you think something in the hardware is faulty?

MrAnderson28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24ACA66D

Question

Hello,
    Does the phone charge? Also have you tried a new cable, and last who is the service provider?

idalian no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've used bbrepairshop.com successfully for scroll wheel replacements.

Also, don't forget to check your USB cable. I've had a few of those go bad.

If your 8310 is brand new and the USB port hasn't worked at all, then I think that qualifies for an in-warranty replacement. That depends, of course, on where you purchased it.

Thanks everyone for quick replies.am with at&t. I bought it back in april. Since I got it refurb, warranty has expired. At&t was willing to send me a replacement if warranty was good. I gave to plug in my charger only have ways for it to charge. If I plug it in all the way, the charging icon shows up for 2secs then disappears and won't charge. I have never tired pluging it into my pc because I didn't care much for music or whatever on my phone. When OS 4.5 came out, I wanted to upgrade and that's when I realized it didn't work (warranty was expired by then.)

I have tried different usb cables. Tested with my old pearl and works fine.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bigmace3000 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22AE5DFF
    There is a guy out here near L.A. that repairs bbs and any other phone.
    The crime is undetectable by the feds cause in the minds of our kids is where the track is...and music is potent and straight to the soul...so its much more addictive than crack is!!!

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B
    bbrepairshop.com is very reliable. They are in houston, and they do very good work. They are also pretty reasonable too. I strongly reccomend them, if you don't want to take the risk of doing it yourself!
    If I knew then, what I know now............

glen3918@gmail.com

Thanks everyone. I will try bbrepairshop.com I have bbwallet and other apps with private info (credit cards, login credentials, etc) should I get rid of them? Is there a way it can be hacked into If you need a password? What would you guys do? Thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B
    They are very professional. I have watched them take apart and put my curve back together, and it has been my experience that they don't go through your personal information/apps, etc. They only focus on the problem with the phone. But, I guess to be on the safe side, I would delete all cc, login and personal information. I don't have those apps or passwords on my bb, so I don't know if you can sync with desktop and then restore them when you get your phone back. I hope this helps you!
    If I knew then, what I know now............

glen3918@gmail.com

celldepot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, Just saw your post (hopefully not too late). We are in Los Angeles and we do repairs on all Blackberries including full replacement of USB ports. Please let us know if we can help you with this issue.
    Cellular Depot in Sherman Oaks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can agree with the original poster. My 7 month old 8120 is not charging via PC directly but when I put it in the cradle I bought for my 8100, and connect that to the PC, it will charge. I admit it has taken a beating in the 7 months I've had it and that may be part of the problem. Only reason I'm asking is because I don't want to deal with warranty via T-Mobile after what I went thru with a 7105t 3 years ago. I also need a new battery door. I have loathed the one I have from day one but dealt with it.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-03-2008 at 09:14 PM.

cadillacz713 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2438f811
    Man I wonder if I buy the screen and a black keyboard for my 8320 I'd they would do it I still haven't replaced the cracked screen on my curve cuz I'm scared of messing it up I live in houston anyways so I wouldn't mind going there and let em fix it for me~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by celldepot View Post
    Hi, Just saw your post (hopefully not too late). We are in Los Angeles and we do repairs on all Blackberries including full replacement of USB ports. Please let us know if we can help you with this issue.
    Cellular Depot in Sherman Oaks
    Hey. Do you guys have a website? How much would something like this cost? Will it fix my problem? Will you guys find out what the problem is before changing anything? Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    This symptom has happened a few time to me with most of my Blackberrys. For some reason the drivers seem to get corrupt and confused. It's actually happened to my current curve.

I would actually first off try everything you can before actually sending it in for repairs. Have you uninstalled the Desktop Manager and the OS? Have you unplugged all other USB devices (iPod, Cameras, etc.) I'm not sure to the exact cause, but eventually with a LOT of uninstalling and installing, unplugging and plugging it finally recognized the device and began charging.

Does the device charge with the wall charger?

Maybe an upgrade of the Desktop Manager or OS will help also?

Hope this helps.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmace3000 View Post
    There is a guy out here near L.A. that repairs bbs and any other phone.

Who is the guy? Where is the place?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast