Can anyone suggest an email hosting provider that supports Blackberry devices but does not use ... General Blackberry forum

DerekTheGeek no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry "ready" email hosting w/o Exchange

Advertisement

Can anyone suggest an email hosting provider that supports Blackberry devices but does not use Micrsoft Exchange? I am especially looking for a hosting provider that has a good webmail interface. Thank you in advance.

- dtg

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Blackberry "ready" email hosting w/o Exchange

In the "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors" folder there are sub folders for Lotus, Act3, GroupWise, Outlook Express, and Yahoo.

You can go to BlackBerry's site and look in the support section and find detailed informtion.

DerekTheGeek no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry "ready" email hosting w/o Exchange

Are you referring to using the Blackberry connector to handle the Blackberry push email and therefore use any email provider I wish? If so I am not to familiar with using the connector.

I am looking for an email hosting provider that provides Blackberry "push" email services and also has a nice browser based mail client. I want to avoid those email providers using MS Exchange for a few reasons.

1. The Outlook Web Access webmail client is IE specific and does not do a good job with Firefox
    2. Exchange itself is tied directly to Active Directory making shared hosting insecure, in my opinion.