Hey guys, I was just reading up on some things that I have found online ... General Blackberry forum

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Blackberry RAM usage

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I was just reading up on some things that I have found online about the ram on the blackberry and now absolutely confused. Blackberries come with certain mount of build in memory. In my case it is 96 MBs, I have the CDMA curve. And when I was checking out the specs I noticed in practicaly every place it said that Blackberry has XX (depending on the model) amount of RAM memory shared. So now I am confused, the build in memory is used for ram as well, or is there another memory chip that is dedicated solely to that. And if it is what it says, shared, does the free memory status display the memory used by both apps and for the app storage? This is bugging me now.

PS: and is there a list of how much ram aproximatly apps use.

Reason for this being is that my device has started to get slow as hell, compare to the pearl that I had way back in the day. So I just want to figure out what to do to get it faster!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

joninatl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247cdc4a
    By shared they mean the OS, and all apps share your 96 megs of memory.
    The memory card is for media (pics, music, video, etc).

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    So for the RAM, same usuage as it has in has in the computer, comes from the 96 mbs as well?
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes they are shared. I have an app called myBoxTone Insight that tell some info about your device and memory usage, signal, battery power etc.

It says I have Flash 27/79 MB meaning 27mb free out of a total of 79mb

It also lists RAM 6/15 meaning I currently have 6mb free out of 15 total RAM(sometimes it fluctuates and says my total is 16, maybe a flaw in the program)

If you add the two that just about adds up to the 96mb total memory on the device
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4