I have a personal Blackberry Curve (bought it myself and pay for all the service ... General Blackberry forum

widcrack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Privacy - GMail and Opera Mini

Advertisement

I have a personal Blackberry Curve (bought it myself and pay for all the service myself). I recently chose to hook up to my company's BES server so I can get my corporate email OTA. Does my company now have access to GMail that I read through my GMail client? What if I used BIS for my GMail? What about web browsing done on Opera Mini?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    No they cannot access your gmail

But they will be able to see website traffic, although depending how things are set up, they might just see a website, but not what user accessed it

widcrack no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks! What about Google Reader RSS feeds?

Just checking.. I assume Google Reader RSS feeds would have same security as GMail ?

elcij no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is actually an important question for me. I recently started a consulting contract with a telecom but my BB is with another.

I really need to know if my emails thru bis in particular and my browsing can be monitored.

I don't want to switch cuz I get a far better deal with my current provider and I don't plan on working on my current project forever.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

elcij no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone have an answer please?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I am a huge privacy advocate. Here is what I know (read as fact). I use both:

1)BES on my work BlackBerry

2)BIS on my personal BlackBerry

It's also important for you to know that I'm the Founder & CEO of my company. It's a large scale enterprise with more than 1,000 BB's deployed. The only purpose of sharing this with you is so that you know what my experience is on both sides.

Bottom line: If you are concerned about privacy DO NOT put anything personal on any BB connected to a BES. Do not use it for anything personal.

- not even a seperate web based email account of any kind. (especially google)-
    Many will argue differently based on what they've read or been told. I'm not being critical of them, I'm simply sharing the real facts with you. We have very little privacy remaining, so be careful.

via RedBerry *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)