Hello friends. I have a dilemma and need some help... I currently use TodoMatrix and ... General Blackberry forum

DaBlackberryBoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    URADUMAS

Question Blackberry PIM Inquiry - Help Please!!!!

Advertisement

Hello friends. I have a dilemma and need some help...

I currently use TodoMatrix and IdeaMatrix by RexWireless. I love the apps. I use IdeaMatrix to store all of my notes and emails that I need to follow up on, lists, you name it. I use TodoMatrix to store all of my tasks and also my appointments that I have. I do this because I dont want to use TodoMatrix for tasks, IdeaMatrix for notes and then the native calendar for appointments only - I like having everything in one place, except for my contacts.

Recently I have taken on a lot of responsibilty at work and in my life and I really want to consolidate everything together. Now I have all of my personal stuff in Todo/IdeaMatrix and then my work stuff at work via our Exchange(Outlook) server. I want to be able to have my tasks,notes,appointments all in one place. Now the reason I went with Todo and Idea -Matrix was because their databases have been specially designed to not use up alot of space on the device. But they are not moving at a rate with their enhancements that I would be able to stick with them and do everything in their apps.

So my question is if you were in my shoes, what type of setup, applications, whatever would you suggest that I use to have everything altogether. I know its pretty much the native apps or third party, but I just want to get an idea of what others use out there. I have thought about going to the BES side and doing wireless sync with someone like exchangemymail, but I am trying to prevent having to pay outside fees, but would be open to it. My only thing is I dont want the native databases to fill up my device quick, because Todo/IdeaMatrix were designed to prevent this. That last point is my main objective to achieve, outside of that open to anything.

Many thanks in advance my friends ! DBB
    DaBlackberryBoy
    -- http://wardmitchelljr.com --

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use ACT! for Windows 2008 which is compatible with outlook and the Blackberry (better through another sync program called companionlink Professionsl) All of my business contact/task tracking as well as personal stuff is at my fingertips and they all sync beautifully together.

Very powerful solutions

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    WHy not just use outlook. The amount of space used by contacts, calendar, memos and tasks is very small on the device when syncing with outlook. I've seen people with upwards of 10,000 contacts on a blackberry device. so if your work is using outlook wouldn't it be easiest just to consolodate everything in to that.

DaBlackberryBoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    URADUMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    WHy not just use outlook. The amount of space used by contacts, calendar, memos and tasks is very small on the device when syncing with outlook. I've seen people with upwards of 10,000 contacts on a blackberry device. so if your work is using outlook wouldn't it be easiest just to consolodate everything in to that.
    You are right, that is what I am headed towards, but just was not sure about any other alternatives out there. Contacts, I dont have a whol ebunch but my thing is I have a lot of tasks/appointments on a regular basis. Do those eat up a lot of space on the device?
    DaBlackberryBoy
    -- http://wardmitchelljr.com --