hi all i recently got the blackberry pearl, im migrating from a razr. i know ... General Blackberry forum

phyber no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry pearl noob, please help me out

Advertisement

hi all

i recently got the blackberry pearl, im migrating from a razr. i know there is a learning curve to using this, and thats to be expected.

i am wanting to do very simple things with the phone, all the internet browsing and etc will come later, but these are a must:

1) i want to transfer pics/vids to/from the blackberry and my pc. if i take a pic on it, i want to be able to load it to my pc, and if i have a cool wallpaper, i want to be able to have it on my phone

2) i know there were ways to put any mp3 or wav song as a ringtone, and i am wanting to do this with some of my unknown music.

what programs will i need to get these basic things done?

thank you for your help

joshua.sean no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by phyber View Post
    hi all

i recently got the blackberry pearl, im migrating from a razr. i know there is a learning curve to using this, and thats to be expected.

i am wanting to do very simple things with the phone, all the internet browsing and etc will come later, but these are a must:

1) i want to transfer pics/vids to/from the blackberry and my pc. if i take a pic on it, i want to be able to load it to my pc, and if i have a cool wallpaper, i want to be able to have it on my phone

2) i know there were ways to put any mp3 or wav song as a ringtone, and i am wanting to do this with some of my unknown music.

what programs will i need to get these basic things done?

thank you for your help
    load the software that came with your phone.. the blackberry com manager..

it will help you sync your phone to your pc and transfer files to and from your bb

-joshua|sean

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    The easiest way that I have found to transfer pictures without hooking up to the computer is to simply email them in attatchment form to and from your berry to your computer and visa versa.

This can also be accomplished through the blackberry desktop manager. Keep in mind to successfully hook your berry up to your computer and transfer any files or folders you will have to download the appropriate operating system software from your service provider.

Turning any of your wav files or mp3s into ring tones is quite easy.

Once you have loaded the MP3 or wav file onto your berry do the following.

Click on the profiles icon. Typically looking like a speaker. This waill pull up a menu that will say. Loud quiet normal... Scroll to the very bottom of this menu and click on advanced. This will pull up a new menu. Choose the profile you wish to edit. Ie. Normal. Once you have highlighted normal hit your menu key. (left of the trackball). Then click on edit. If it is the phone ring that you wish to edit scroll down and select it. You will then have the option to change the ring style and volume... Click on ring type and choose browse. Find the folder where you have saved the mp3or wav file and there you have custom ring tone applied.

Hope this helps a bit. I am sure that others will jump in and help with some links to help you load your os software on your computer and such. Only so Much I can grab for you via the berry. Good luck with it and know that you will love the pearl. I did the same upgrade from the razr to the pearl. And welcome to pinstack. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thank u so much for your help. i didnt purchase this from my provider (alltel) i bought it from a guy i work with who is going to Sprint's unlimitied everything plan.

no doftware was included, i just got the phone, and charger.

ive seen some programs on this site, do u think it would be listed here?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Your Provider should have a site with teh Handheld and desktop software for you to DL. Let me see if I can find it.

OK Alltell is here, https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...03923A1C591DB4 And you want the Desktop software v4.3
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

you guys are awesome! thanks, im downloading it now

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Your welcome, Always glad to help!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Another neat thing you can do with the Pearl (and only the Pearl) is download the small program to change the color of the trackball. I am also a noobie with BB, but I certainly like the look of my Pearl's trackball now.

I don't have the link handy, but if you search the forums for Pearl color trackball, I am sure you'll find it.