Just yesterday i started to send a text and when i went to move my ... General Blackberry forum

azmattaz06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl going crazy the trackball goes all over the screen..

Advertisement

Just yesterday i started to send a text and when i went to move my trackball to go to the messeges it started going all over the screen to every option then stopped on one and wouldn't move.. i restarted it and it worked for a sec then did the same thing again.. i removed the battery for a good 15 minutes and it worked fine for like 12 hours then messed up again.. anyone ever had a simular problem?? PLEASE HELP!!

D Warner no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have you installed any new apps got it wet ? Cleaned the track ball ? What OS?

No i havent done anything it just happened in the middle of the day out of nowhere i even managed to wipe the whole blackberry and restarted it back to factory it's and still doing it..
    Last edited by azmattaz06; 06-26-2008 at 06:31 AM.

I have never done it but I have heard that the trackball ring pops out and the ball can be cleaned I would think with power off. But you might want to wait till you get more info since I am new to pinstack and only had my BB Pearl less then a year. Good luck.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

There's a thread about cleaning the Trackball. Try via the search. You can try also to blow out any dirt with a can of compressed air.

HTH
    Peter

Trust me this isn't the trackball being dirty or anything plus it's brand new and very clean.. a dirty trackball wouldn't be going crazy on the screen then not moving at all and when it goes crazy im not even touching it..

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    sounds weird....bump
    "I dont pray for lighter burdens, I pray for a stronger back."

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azmattaz06 View Post
    Trust me this isn't the trackball being dirty or anything plus it's brand new and very clean.. a dirty trackball wouldn't be going crazy on the screen then not moving at all and when it goes crazy im not even touching it..
    Actually it would. It's happened to me before and I'm sure it's happened to others.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    If its new can you exchange it for a new one?

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azmattaz06 View Post
    Just yesterday i started to send a text and when i went to move my trackball to go to the messeges it started going all over the screen to every option then stopped on one and wouldn't move.. i restarted it and it worked for a sec then did the same thing again.. i removed the battery for a good 15 minutes and it worked fine for like 12 hours then messed up again.. anyone ever had a simular problem?? PLEASE HELP!!
    I had a similar problem with my Sprint 8130. I took it to the Sprint store, and the tech there cleaned the track ball out and then cleaned out where the track ball mechanism sits. Works great now. Verizon should provide the same service, as should the other carriers, usually for free. Does this help?

Richard

shortiegirl1984 no está en línea Stack level 2
    how do you take the ring off to get the trackball out?