Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which is better in your opinion. Which has an advantage over the other. Share discuss ... General Blackberry forum

mrseal2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Pearl 8120 vs. Blackberry Curve 8320

Advertisement

Which is better in your opinion. Which has an advantage over the other. Share discuss and defend your opinions so i can buy a phone!

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Curve has everything the pearl does plus a better keyboard to me a no brainer ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The 8120 does everything the Curve does but has video recording, voice recording, 8gb media capability, Side media card insert, Non Beta 4.3 OS, WIFI and has two speakers. And a new improved suretype that Rocks! I have both, it just depends on what fits you best!
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 05-28-2008 at 10:57 PM.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Curve without a doubt. With 4.5 os downloaded, I have video camera, and an awesome media player. Bigger screen and way way way better keyboard. I had a pearl before, which I did like but add the wifi in and there's no contest here.....CURVE 8320 all the way!

I had 4.5 .18 on my Curve too. It did upgrade it to video recording, but the size of the video does not fill the screen (about the size of an avatar) and it would not let me open Pinstack. I hated that, so I downgraded it back until the final version OS finally comes out. Hope that will be addressed

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I also recommend the 8120. Pdxmatts listed all the reasons I love the 8120 so I won't repeat. :-) ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Great discussion. Out of these two devices which has better build quality? Is the extra speaker really worth it? Does the WiFi load faster on the pearl? About how much does an 8GB card run these days? Can this blackberry replace my 2GB iPod?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    8120 hands down.

I haven't owned the Curve yet so I can't answer those questions. What I can say is that the WiFi (when it works) loads very fast. I just got an 8GB MicroSDHC off amazon for $60. Loaded around 100 MP3's and about 25 pics and 181 (plus a few copies of songs) and STILL have 6.7GB left for more music and pics. And yes it can replace your iPod although I have chosen to keep the 2 I have and switch back and forth.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-29-2008 at 12:27 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Ok, I can hit this one on both sides.

I have had the Curve 8310 since it's launch in Oct. Love it! I live the size and the full qwerty keyboard. GPS is a great plus, and if you get the 8320 you can switch the GPS out for WiFi. Great build quality and rock solid work horse. Never any issues with the OS.

I previously had the 8100 before getting the 8120 recently this week and the difference is actually a big span of things. All the things wrong with the original has been improved and now it's a solid device.

Speakers have been improved, battery cover stays on, Side door for the MicroSD card, added WiFi or GPS, keyboard is better build, if you like a smaller device then this is it. The SureType takes getting use to but once you get your dictionary down set you can fly through it. I've been having issues with mine since my custom dictionary has nothing in it. EDIT: Forgot to add the UMA calling, once setup it rocks!! I only get 2 bars in my house, with UMA I never lose a call.

As for the music player it's going to be a lot better than your 2GB iPod. Since the memory can be upgraded. The user interface is getting much better, but nothing compared to the iPod.

Main difference is the size, it depends what you would like. So I would stop by a store and get a feel of the devices.

Good luck deciding.
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-29-2008 at 01:16 AM. Reason: added some more info

Question

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Ok, I can hit this one on both sides.

I have had the Curve 8310 since it's launch in Oct. Love it! I live the size and the full qwerty keyboard. GPS is a great plus, and if you get the 8320 you can switch the GPS out for WiFi. Great build quality and rock solid work horse. Never any issues with the OS.

I previously had the 8100 before getting the 8120 recently this week and the difference is actually a big span of things. All the things wrong with the original has been improved and now it's a solid device.

Speakers have been improved, battery cover stays on, Side door for the MicroSD card, added WiFi or GPS, keyboard is better build, if you like a smaller device then this is it. The SureType takes getting use to but once you get your dictionary down set you can fly through it. I've been having issues with mine since my custom dictionary has nothing in it. EDIT: Forgot to add the UMA calling, once setup it rocks!! I only get 2 bars in my house, with UMA I never lose a call.

As for the music player it's going to be a lot better than your 2GB iPod. Since the memory can be upgraded. The user interface is getting much better, but nothing compared to the iPod.

Main difference is the size, it depends what you would like. So I would stop by a store and get a feel of the devices.

Good luck deciding.
    In your opinion which of the two has better internal and external sound quality?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    someone asked this question before the 8320 is trargeted for people who plan on lots of text/email, or need a larger screen to read.
    the 8120 is compact a little smalled targeted for peopl who want more of the cellphone feel, and not planning on doing lots of emails
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    someone asked this question before the 8320 is trargeted for people who plan on lots of text/email, or need a larger screen to read.
    the 8120 is compact a little smalled targeted for peopl who want more of the cellphone feel, and not planning on doing lots of emails

it's really about preference, go down to the store and play with them
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Sound quality is about the same nothing you can point out that one is better than the other.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    you know i loved my pearl, it was small and versatile but i must say the curve isnt that much bigger and it packs a bigger punch.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

How does it pack a bigger punch? My 8120 has more inside than the 8320. Just a smaller screen and SureType. But, I type faster on the SureType. Don't get me wrong, I love my Curve too, but I can't say it packs a bigger punch.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast