I don't recall what my blackberry password is how can I reset this password?... General Blackberry forum

TroyL65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241D7FF7

blackberry password

Advertisement

I don't recall what my blackberry password is how can I reset this password?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Other than

1) Typing it 10 times incorrectly, or
    2) Going to Options>Security Options>General Settings>Menu>Wipe Handheld which will wipe your phone

I don't know any other way.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyL65 View Post
    I don't recall what my blackberry password is how can I reset this password?
    lol sure...i forgot mine to

jgostained no está en línea Stack level 1
    u should of saved it in the password vault! That's where I keep mine lol! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Ya there is a reason they say blackberry is secure.... unfortunately sometimes too secure....
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    The eternal question... How secure do you want it? The level of security is inversely proportional to the ease of your reentry into the system.

Denigris no está en línea Stack level 2

Passwords can be a pain, but .......

Hi Troy

If you have enabled content protection, the contents of your blackberry have been encrypted, and even a hard reset won't recover them. If you just have the keyboard lock enabled, I speculate that it is possible, but I am unsure how. As for the password vault, it should never be protected with anything but a pass that is at least eight characters long, and contains numbers, letters and symbols, and/or Caps. You don't want a pass that can be guessed or recovered for that.

A suggestion to anyone creating a password. Use a passphrase with only a partial spelling of each word, and include a non alphabetic character. A Password I used at one time, and no longer use, was

IlftLions@tsdz

It was easy to remember because it stands for "I love feeding the Lions at the San Diego Zoo" It's not exactly what you were asking about, but I thought I would include it, food for thought as it were.

Good Fortune to you - Denigris

TroyL65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241D7FF7
    My blackberry is not locked out I am trying to rest the password for blackberry messenger not the blackberry phone. So if someone adds me it to there blackberry messenger they need a password this is the password i need to reset.