Anyone else having problems setting up an account? I have tried everything to get in. ... General Blackberry forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Blackberry Owners Lounge

Advertisement

Anyone else having problems setting up an account?

I have tried everything to get in. I have filled out the sign up form about 7 times. It keeps coming back telling me that the form has timed out and must be completed in 15 minutes.

Considering VISTA is putting all the info in as soon as the page loads and all I have to add is the appropriate clicks at the bottom, it is taking less than 30 seconds to vfill in.

What am I doing wrong?

posvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2446C873

Re: Blackberry Owners Lounge

I had the same problem, also with Vista, and gave up. When I went back a week later it let me in fine. I think it just needs time to update.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Thanks! I got in by using IE instead of Firefox. Sheesh, RIM has to be the last company on earth that is stuck to IE!!

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

It seems to be a cache or cookie issue, as I had it happen once while on an XP machine using IE. Probably clearing these would help too.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I had a problem getting in to my established BB Owner's Lounge yesterday. I don't go there much but, when I entered my id and password, it wouldn't accept the password that I've had (and used) since I signed up. I had to click "forgot password" and let them email me a new one. I then signed in with that one, changed to a new one of my choosing and I was fine.

It seemed a little odd to me. I have resorted to using many different passwords since I had 2 instances of identity theft a couple of years ago but I keep one master password list, also password protected of course, and I look up passwords when I log on to different sites that require it - never had that problem before.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com