I'd like to give a little background. I had a Treo 650 that I used ... General Blackberry forum

seone no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry OS?

Advertisement

I'd like to give a little background. I had a Treo 650 that I used only as a PDA, I did not use the phone because my company provides Nextel service. So, on the Treo, I would synch my calender, contacts and memos from ACT (software on my main computer).
    Awhile ago, my Treo died, the screen does not recognize the "tap" of my stylus.
    So I bought a Blackberry 7100i. This phone is SO quirky in the synching department and when it does synch with my ACT it gives me duplicate appointments, moves others from one date to another and duplicates random contacts. At this point, I believe the problem is that I have a better response in synching ACT software with a Palm OS.
    If anyone does synch with ACT, which phone do they use or does anyone have any suggestions???
    I would love to get to one device, a phone that does synch my personal data so that I can get away from two devices.
    Please contact me with any suggestions or if you have questions please contact me.
    I am happy with the Blackberry but I don't think that OS is ACT friendly. Is Blackberry a different OS then say Palm or Pocket PC???
    I am trying to understand and the other posts that I did put in these forums was met with such professionalism that I'm hoping I can get this answered as well. Thank you all in advance.
    I have used Companionlink Pro and presently this is the one that is not doing so well, their tech support is unable to help get this worked out.

Tommy

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Blackberry OS?

A couple of questions. What version of Desktop Manager are you using? What version of ACT? What settings are you using in the Configure Sync for you different PIM Modules (Calendar, Contacts, etc)?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Desktop Software:
    V4.1.0.8

ACT:
    Version 6.0

I am using CompanionLink Pro which is set to synch both ways between bb to computer and computer to bb. I'm hoping thats what you're asking but I don't think it is. Can you be more specific, sorry.

I have spoken to other people and they claim to have no problems what so ever. I used ACT Link 2.0 for a palm os and had no problems with my Treo but ACT does not make a cheap program for BB, other then a wireless synch which is too much money for me. I did fint an online booklet that shows you how to set up synching between a bb and ACT 6.0 for $89.00 which I bought but it makes it pretty tedious to do.

Am I correct in assuming that there are three different OS's that I'm dealing with. A Palm os from my old Treo, a bb os which is on my 7100i and lastly, my windows computer. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help on this, frustrating but I would LOVE my bb if this could be worked out!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Palm os, is a different os.
    Windows OS, is based on Pocket version of XP/2000
    BB os, is java based. The Palm os is probably the best, and most supported, while BB os is the most stable...my personal experience with Windows is that it is the most unstable OS out of the 3.

So yes, you are dealing with 3 different os in your case. (windows for your home computer, PALM os for your treo, and lastly BB for your blackberry)

BTW: what version of windows are you running on your home computer?
    Windows XP, WIN 2000, WIN ME, WIN 98? WIN-Vista

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Don't know anything about companionlink or Act. so really can't help.

I don't know if 4.1.0.8 is the latest DM for 4.1 so you might try to install the latest version and see if that helps.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I am using Windows XP on my computer, do you think that is a possible problem???

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Have you tried configuring Desktop Manager to synch with ACT? That is one of the options. My guess is that there is a problem with CompanionLink and compatibility with the 7100. I was not aware that there was another package available to synch a BB with a Windows PC.

XP shouldn't be the problem.