Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The G1 is a good phone, but like the iPhone.. it's just like a toy ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

The G1 is a good phone, but like the iPhone.. it's just like a toy to me. The only thing I'm going to miss are the apps.. Finding a restaurant or a club late at night is nice on the go. The Curve keeps pulling me back, sigh..

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    I plan on getting an unlocked Bold within the next week or so.

Can T-Mobile USA still use data and everthing, if its a Rogers device...but its unlocked?
    I have an unlocked Rogers Bold, I'm using it on AT&T so I can take advantage of all it's features like 3G.

Yes it will operate on T-Mobile, with data for your email, web browsing etc, but you will only have EDGE speed. So if giving up 3G does not matter, you're all set. No problems.

Hope this helps...

dsears33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30bc7eec
    I had a G1 for like 2 days.....so many bugs I couldnt deal with it.....when I brought it back, the sales associate at tmobile got rid of his too!......I bought the new pearl flip

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I have an unlocked Rogers Bold, I'm using it on AT&T so I can take advantage of all it's features like 3G.

Yes it will operate on T-Mobile, with data for your email, web browsing etc, but you will only have EDGE speed. So if giving up 3G does not matter, you're all set. No problems.

Hope this helps...
    Hey thanks Archer for the reply. I ended up getting a Curve again, I am going to wait for the Javelin hopefully it doesn't take too long.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    Hey thanks Archer for the reply. I ended up getting a Curve again, I am going to wait for the Javelin hopefully it doesn't take too long.
    That was a smart move on your part, as you are set for now. The Javelin may be delayed (I'm not saying it is, but RIM has a record of being late) so this way at least you have a great BlackBerry until the Javelin is released. Even though I have a Bold I will be buying the 2nd generation Javelin that will have 3G as I need that. I will then sell my Bold. Its a good model, but the keyboard is still not as good as the Curve style keyboard with spaced out keys. So for me a 3G Javelin 89xx is the ultimate, and it's release is supposed to be summer 2009.
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    So what? Opensource is something that I have a lot of experience with and I embrace. In fact I'm writing this from my Linux powered ThinkPad. I'm also using an Openmoko FreeRunner, another Linux powered smartphone. How many people have heard of that one? And what is the major difference between the Openmoko FreeRunner and the G1 Google phone? = Brand. If it wasn't for the Goggle name, this would be getting hardly any attention at all, much like the far superior V8 Linux RAZR vs. the V9 RAZR with the "old" Moto OS, which is sold here. Android and Opensource just happen to be great buzz words currently, but Android has yet to mature. It was pushed out early because the behemoth known as Google could get away with it. But for the day to day user, that relies on their phone, give the developers at least to the second generation before you buy into it. Also one should remember that opensource is just that, no one is getting paid like they would with a closed OS like Symbian, RIM, or WM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing this phone, as it is a decent phone, but for those who are BlackBerry users, there is a glaring difference in reliability, battery life, functionality and usefulness. After all without an internet connection the G1 is useless. As you know it runs Google apps all of which reside on the net. Whereas BlackBerry third party apps reside on the phone. Some do indeed require an internet connection, but are in the minority and if the net connection is not there, you still have all of your PDA type functions, so you are not losing the abiltiy to consult your calender, your to do list, or task list, notes etc. I have purchased one to experiment with, as a secondary device, and yet in no way am I relying on it as my main phone, much less to replace my trusty super reliable BlackBerry. So just a heads up for those that are believing all the early hype, you are diving into an ocean where the water could get quite rough before it smooths out.
    Totally! I have a tilt and it just sits in my drawer until I feel like playing solitaire for a while... Just stick with what you like, BB is fir me!! LOL!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    G1? Nooooooo! Stick to BB!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12