Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok i have a blackberry curve 8320 that i love..but im kind of bored with ... General Blackberry forum

mybberry6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Or G1..please Help

Advertisement

ok i have a blackberry curve 8320 that i love..but im kind of bored with it..and it gives me problems as well. i know there are die heart bb fans on this post but i want honest opinion..what do u think is better??? should i stick to my bb or get the g1..and why and why not???

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mybberry6 View Post
    ok i have a blackberry curve 8320 that i love..but im kind of bored with it..and it gives me problems as well. i know there are die heart bb fans on this post but i want honest opinion..what do u think is better??? should i stick to my bb or get the g1..and why and why not???
    I have both an 8320 BlackBerry and a G1. If you find your BlackBerry frustrating because you are having problems with it, the last phone you want is a G1. I bought mine just for the fun of it, and as an extra phone just to try out, and to be involved in the experience. However there are many problems that I have experienced since I received it. The OS has hung on several occasions, the back light is unreliable and when using the phone at night the back light goes off after just five seconds and there is no way to turn it back on without ending the call. The top row of keys seem soft, which may just be a bad unit, I have one coming as a warranty replacement. The clock does not keep proper time, thus my calendar entries are off, and a host of other issues, too many to list here. Yes its getting rave reviews, but you will notice that most phones do. Especially coming from companies as large as Google and T-Mobile.
    Yet I am not surprised nor disappointed as I do not have to rely on this phone, I expected it to have problems, as after all to be fair it is the very first G phone and already I have pre-ordered the G2 which not only has a much more stylish design but will have these issues taken care of. They are due out soon, as the G1 is so buggy. My prediction is that by the third generation which will be in less than a year, the G phone will be a good model. I just cannot suggest now to anyone that would be using it as their only phone. Especially after owning such a great phone as a BlackBerry.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Excellent response by Archer. My hope is you'd take his observations to heart and stick with Blackberry.

BBKing7969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hmm always bb

BBKing7969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    g1 is open source though

mybberry6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    wow thank you so much archer...u told me everything i needed to know and more..ill stick with the bberry and hopefully the g2 will come soon with all problems fixed like u stated..thanks alot again..

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think as more new BB models come out it makes it more clear (for me anyways) that BB is the right choice. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you really think you would get any other answer than staying with the BB? That is like going to a Ford site and asking the Mustang owners if you should trade for a new Camaro.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Did you really think you would get any other answer than staying with the BB? That is like going to a Ford site and asking the Mustang owners if you should trade for a new Camaro.
    I agree.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to say im making the switch today. I ordered my G1 about a week ago and it is coming in today. Havent decided if im gonna keep my 8320 or not yet

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    I agree.
    Yeah, you can't expect to get an unbiased response here.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    I'm fairly new to having a blackberry, and have had some decent phones, but now that i own a BB I wouldn't buy anything but a BB. Overall a solid phone.

8100 os 4.5.0.93

Quote Originally Posted by BBKing7969 View Post
    g1 is open source though
    So what? Opensource is something that I have a lot of experience with and I embrace. In fact I'm writing this from my Linux powered ThinkPad. I'm also using an Openmoko FreeRunner, another Linux powered smartphone. How many people have heard of that one? And what is the major difference between the Openmoko FreeRunner and the G1 Google phone? = Brand. If it wasn't for the Goggle name, this would be getting hardly any attention at all, much like the far superior V8 Linux RAZR vs. the V9 RAZR with the "old" Moto OS, which is sold here. Android and Opensource just happen to be great buzz words currently, but Android has yet to mature. It was pushed out early because the behemoth known as Google could get away with it. But for the day to day user, that relies on their phone, give the developers at least to the second generation before you buy into it. Also one should remember that opensource is just that, no one is getting paid like they would with a closed OS like Symbian, RIM, or WM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing this phone, as it is a decent phone, but for those who are BlackBerry users, there is a glaring difference in reliability, battery life, functionality and usefulness. After all without an internet connection the G1 is useless. As you know it runs Google apps all of which reside on the net. Whereas BlackBerry third party apps reside on the phone. Some do indeed require an internet connection, but are in the minority and if the net connection is not there, you still have all of your PDA type functions, so you are not losing the abiltiy to consult your calender, your to do list, or task list, notes etc. I have purchased one to experiment with, as a secondary device, and yet in no way am I relying on it as my main phone, much less to replace my trusty super reliable BlackBerry. So just a heads up for those that are believing all the early hype, you are diving into an ocean where the water could get quite rough before it smooths out.

Quote Originally Posted by tbhuang2 View Post
    Yeah, you can't expect to get an unbiased response here.
    Absolutely NOT true.
    This forum is a huge forum. Many thousands of people, so one cannot say with certainty that it's impossible to get an unbiased opinion. However you can take a defeatist negative approach, label the members here and satisfy your need to "be right". Just don't kid yourself without any facts.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Yes I can say the G1 is buggy...and I am coming back to a Blackberry...Yes!

Since the first update my browser is all jacked up, now it works when it feels like it.

I plan on getting an unlocked Bold within the next week or so.

Can T-Mobile USA still use data and everthing, if its a Rogers device...but its unlocked?

I am pretty sure, but I want to make sure before I shell out the $$$.
    "People always say, your always on that Blackberry"...
    Like Tees? Check Out: Punkk Society Clothing
    www.punkksociety.bigcartel.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast