I need to replace my 8707 (long story) - I would like to upgrade to ... General Blackberry forum

petert no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry options for Japan/Korea (wcdma)

Advertisement

I need to replace my 8707 (long story) - I would like to upgrade to something with GPS, maybe a camera. I need All teh usual GPRS support but travel to Japan and Korea so need 3G or WCDMA capability. The 8707 was fantastic after years of managing 2 phones.

It looks like teh cooler BBs 88xx etc have no 3G/wcdma support. Anyone have any ideas on this - is the anything in teh works ?

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Re: Blackberry options for Japan/Korea (wcdma)

nothing I've heard of in Blackberry devices. Maybe a Nokia or Windows Mobile phone with Blackberry Connect.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

The only BB device I know that works in Japan would be the Vodaphone 8707v bt it is only GPRS int he US. I think the Sprint/Verizon BB 8830 will workin Korea as they are CDMA. Might want to do a search and see what you find as I think that has been discussed in a few threads.

trax58 no está en línea Stack level 1

I currently use an 8707v and it works well in South Korea (Voice and Data), but I also keep an eye open for new devices. I looked at the new 8800 "Worldphone" via Bell Canada (I currently am a Rogers subscriber). Bell partners with SKT in Korea and the device will work - FOR VOICE ONLY. Still appears the only viable option in Korea is one that supports UMTS and at this point that's the 8707.

One additional note - my 8707 wont connect to any providers in Brazil. Unclear why