Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

you shouldn't be afraid, stock value changes all the time. I do not believe it ... General Blackberry forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

you shouldn't be afraid, stock value changes all the time. I do not believe it is possible for a market that big to just close due to low demand but perhaps get small...plausible, but certainly not close.

think about it...you still support BB by purchasing their products and as we all know for a fact that we are not the only ones with these preferences.

besides I was the same when it came to High Technology Computer Corporation otherwise known as HTC.

I thought that the company was on the fall but we must not forget that these fluctuations are perfectly normal. I say it again you have nothing to fear unless you are concerned about windows mobile, shame...they don't stand a chance in todays marke.
    Last edited by KTW; 04-09-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    dushdavj likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I agree with Roger RIM might exist somehow somewhere, but no where near what it was and how it got its fame. I had to smile because in 2015 will yahoo be around to report such story's cause they have serious issues themselves

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I agree with Roger RIM might exist somehow somewhere, but no where near what it was and how it got its fame. I had to smile because in 2015 will yahoo be around to report such story's cause they have serious issues themselves
    That's a good question. I wouldn't be surprised if Yahoo is gone.

BTW, when I read the thread title I thought it was about people switching from BlackBerry to something else. I am officially "BlackBerry No More" as of today.

I'll post an article with my review of the Nokia Lumia 900 once I play with it more.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Laura, congratulation on your new Nokia Lumia 900, hope you enjoy it

With regards to the prediction of Blackberry No More, it truly amazes me that people are willing to put predictions like this in print, predicting if a company is still around in 2015, they obviously do not believe in the Mayan calendar , although I suppose even with that if we aren't around after the end of 2012, then BB wont be around in 2015 . When it comes to predicting where companies will be, I would say it is impossible, unless of course they are going through bankruptcy proceedings and even then things can change. For example who would have predicted Pan Am would disappear (they were considered to be such a big solid company that they were in 2001 a Space Odyssey), how about Silicon Graphics another company that was at the forefront of high end graphics no longer around, other companies filed chapter 11 and then got their second wind and lasted a further 10 years, Apple at one stage were close to closing, yet look at them now, Google is all powerful growing from small beginnings.

If RIM does go under it will be more likely due to a company purchasing them and slowly closing them down, Palm (WebOS) comes to mind. It truly doesn't matter how big a company is, all it needs is for something new to come along and they will fail, (Blockbuster), or as Apple did develop something that everybody wants (tie it into software that controls what you purchase and takes a cut) and you can be the richest company in the world. RIM could still turn it around by doing something similar, or they could completely crash and burn, what the future holds cannot be predicted, if it could we would all be rich!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post

I'll post an article with my review of the Nokia Lumia 900 once I play with it more.
    I'm definitely interested in your impressions of the Lumia 900 - don't keep us waiting too long!

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I'm definitely interested in your impressions of the Lumia 900 - don't keep us waiting too long!
    It will be by this weekend or next Monday at the latest.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

HarvestorB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by berryapp View Post
    A marketing company called Prophet, recently did a spot survey in the United States. According to their findings, RIM will most likely be gone by 2015. Detail is available on Yahoo.
    Do you think that would be really the future of RIM?&nbsp;<br><br>
    I think that report is not worth giving a ****. RIM has surprisingly maintained and consolidated it's market share all over the world. Samsung, Nokia or Apple do not have an answer to BBM. Do they?

It's surprising because Nokia's share has dipped due to Android and demand for high end smartphones. BB phones are unique and by no means will RIM be gone, if anyone has to go, most definitely will be the farce company Prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestorB View Post
    I think that report is not worth giving a ****. RIM has surprisingly maintained and consolidated it's market share all over the world. Samsung, Nokia or Apple do not have an answer to BBM. Do they?

It's surprising because Nokia's share has dipped due to Android and demand for high end smartphones. BB phones are unique and by no means will RIM be gone, if anyone has to go, most definitely will be the farce company Prophet.
    There's too many variables at play to predict either RIM's demise or sustainability. When 2015 hits and BlackBerry is either here or gone, half of us will look back and say "Told you so!" Which half of "us" that will be doing the gloating is what is in question. Me? I think they'll still be around.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Keeping the Faith:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12